5th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

I noticed the fact that everyone seems to be left handed as well. Not that it would matter in the game, but irl only about 10% of humans are left handed. Maybe in Starbound's universe it's the opposite? Was the handedness of the npcs a conscious decision, an accident or simply coincidence?
    Regardless, it's looking awesome.

Thanks for the hard work and for the update!

tassina and ggh325 like this.
  2. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah, update!
    Thanks for that.Would be great if there would be some "monsters attack" on the village...
    so you can help defend it... or ... steal all their cake! Mouahahahahahah!

tassina likes this.
  3. rabidwolf9

rabidwolf9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds like good enough incentive to me.

I hope there will be more to this than just screwing with the npcs. I have a burning desire to level entire towns, cause a planet scale war resulting in enslaving or killing off its entire population. Please tell me I'm not alone in this 0_o

I wouldn't really be suprised if this is the extent of it though. Still should be good fun. Until you accidentally aggro npcs and get killed or end up killing them all in self defense :p

tassina, ggh325 and SPARTEN1337 X13 like this.
  4. arodr8

arodr8 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This game is going to be truly amazing . Good Luck guys :D

5. drizzt119

drizzt119 Astral Cartographer

If the Dev that creates the NPCs is left handed. It would be naturally for him that he make all NPCs left handed because he doesnt think so much about it ^^

6. V M Smith

V M Smith Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure about the NPCs, but as far s players go, since you have different items bound to different keys (which I;m assuming are bound to corresponding mouse buttons) it seems likely that most people would have their weapon in their left hand.

7. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

:facepalm:

Yes. Because the roadmap is an absolutely perfect refection of the work that needs to be done, is updated by-the-second, and (most importantly) every item on the roadmap takes exactly as long to do as every other item.

Only thanks to the infallible logic above can you predict the game's state of completion to 0.01% precision. :yeahhhh:

8. Really, really digging this update.

I love the whole idea with a captain of the guard. It'll be fantastic. ^^

tassina likes this.
  9. lovereid911

lovereid911 Void-Bound Voyager

Why is Jordo not on the team developer page? This is an outrage! :cry:

I still love you. Take my money!!! ;)

tassina and Trowzers like this.
  10. clevernamegoeshere

clevernamegoeshere Subatomic Cosmonaut

The cake is a lie.

11. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

no n o no no no please no nople nople why what si

whgy? wm why

12. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

what i love about this so far is its turning out to be much MUCH more focused around RPG elements than terraria, but doesn't sacrifice the game-play (so far as we've seen) that i love from terraria (ie the building and exploring/upgrading gear)

13. Luchóg

Luchóg Sandwich Man

He's got a cape. I want a cape!

tassina likes this.
  14. mikskizm

mikskizm Tentacle Wrangler

Like a kid waiting for Christmas.... oh yeah

tassina and ggh325 like this.
  15. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Man that just looks so damn good. The level of detail you can generate in your world is staggering. Even with all the stuff they've added in Terraria 1.2 the number of decorative items in Starbound is just ridiculous (that's no knock on Terraria 1.2...I'm loving it so far). Can any of you tickle our ass with a feather and give us like a pie in the sky guess for when beta is going to start?

tassina likes this.
  16. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

All I can think of when I hear pathfinding is foot races against NPC's :rofl: Thanks for the update! :up:

Trowzers likes this.
  17. ReikDrako

ReikDrako Void-Bound Voyager

Did you counted the "eating cake" thing?

tassina likes this.
  18. Hilkyshtuff

Hilkyshtuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't know if someone already asked this, but will there be the occasional criminal in a village? Maybe an outsider? Cause guards would look silly if all they do is lounge around all day waiting for me to go berserk.

tassina likes this.
  19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Maybe wild animals will wander into town, and the guards will drive them off.

tassina likes this.
  20. Both feral wildlife and occasional thugs, thiefs and generally speaking bad guys in towns and villages would make a nice addition to the game in my opinion, that's a perfect material for a post-launch addition or even for a mod!

tassina, ggh325 and Jonesy like this.