5th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I suspect the Glitch guard captain is actually dead, and a Spy has used his Eternal Reward to steal his identity. A quick spy-check might be in order.

70calories, tassina, anyMany and 4 others like this.
  2. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thx for the update

3. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

lol 5 star wanted level - Penguins with police sirens following you everywhere you go!

Edit:

Oh, the captain is definitely the guy holding onto the cart btw, that's what would make the least sense.

4. iCookiePL

iCookiePL Void-Bound Voyager

Oh boy, I hope you are right yXLJdUW.png

5. MadCow_

MadCow_ Void-Bound Voyager

I have one thing and one thing only to say. NEEDS MORE FLORANS!!!

tassina likes this.
  6. matsrats

matsrats Space Penguin Leader

hello out there,

i already bought the game. somehow i got the feeling something very big could evolve here at chucklefish. at least something playable providing a hole lot of fun doing so. myself i am playing video games since 1982 (SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM). with all the great monster studio releases in the last years i am getting more fed up und with each release more and more disappointed. one reason i am playing BALDURS GATE I + II for the 4rth time at the moment. it never disappoints :)

i am hoping so much finding surprises and a lot non expected game contend with a clever NPC AI, funny devellopping diaglog and a base storyline wich drives the player through the game and encourages him to explore further and further.

i am looking foreward for exploration and let the game envolve. thats one reason why i dont quite understand why you are revealing so much about your game in the forefield. i already got the feeling i know all, have seen all. (i know of course thats not possible due game engine mechanism).

one example. i knew nearly nothing about PLANESCAPE TOURMENT, only knew the studio and after installing the program i got exited nearly every 5 minutes. very surprising, very satisfiying.

because of all the things you show and explain here, my expectations are so high as the were, when BALDURS GATE II came out. i fear they can´t be fulfilled because the range you guys stake is so very damn high. hmmm. you have to work so hard to make it come true. i think your project maybe is a little too eager. we all can remeber the desasters with so called open world games. to big, to less content, flat NPCs, no real AI, weak storys kept together only loose. no really interesting behaving charakters, no possibility to identify with the world an therefor with any goal or missions. and grinding. oh my god the brainless stupid grinding...TES OBLIVION, GOTHIC 3 are only two catastrophies i remember.

i really hope you folks at chucklefish do not make the same mistakes an concentrate on the importance of a believable world and most importand believable characters (NPCs), a very good AI, inspiring side-quests and a main story which is far far away from all the standards of major studios and 1.000 seen cliches and dull re-makes. i hope and wish this to you, that you are able to transport the magic your shown screenshots reflect on the players while playing the program. remember that a game that lacks all this content ist becoming very boring after a short time playing it and that no 1 million different weapon sizes and tiny sprite changes and colors will ever manage to change this.

somehow i still have faith in your abilities making a good, perhaps a very good game.

good luck
    sincere greetings

p.s.
    please ignore my terrible german-english writing style :) thx

tassina and Showbiz like this.
  7. Awesomenaty

Awesomenaty Void-Bound Voyager

Spoilers: The captain is the one with the wooden willbarrow

8. Nixeras

Nixeras Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm all for wanton murder and destruction, but will there be any sort of way to turn off the ability to damage 'friendly' npcs? Or perhaps some sort of confirmation system? It would have to be something fairly unintrusive so I was thinking a bit like the pvp system Terraria had, where you click a button and can other players with pvp turned on. Only in this, you hit a button that lets you kill friendly npcs. Possibly?

tassina and Belgoliad like this.
  9. I'm sure the captain is the one with red hair, there's no other option! :V

10. RodWolfus

RodWolfus Void-Bound Voyager

Would be cool, if you had an influence meter in each planet, and that would change how people see you. This way you can have planets where people hate/love you depending on your actions. That you have a direct impact on the items they sell and the way they behave towards you. I think this would be cool, i guess :\

11. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder if you can bribe any of the guards...

tassina and onerb2 like this.
  12. Veheed

Veheed Title Not Found

GLITCH POWER.
    We have enough gold to waste it in silly town guard's armor.
    Watch out, for we are gonna medieval your face!

13. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

As AI becomes flushed out, radical things happen.
    Soon, I shall be able to help defend a town I hijacked commandeered as my base!

14. transcengopher

transcengopher Zero Gravity Genie

I find it amusing how latest updates imly that you will kill innocent civiliians.

tassina and PabloM like this.
  15. Jhago

Jhago Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Imply"? I find it almost OFFENSIVE that they think there is a possibility we WON'T slaughter every single Glitch village we find. GLORY TO THE AVIANS!

endothrax and Trowzers like this.
  16. Frenzlin

Frenzlin Title Not Found

That golden armor.
    That cape.
    Is that you, Lannister?

tassina, Brassqund and Trowzers like this.
  17. Woodrow

Woodrow Title Not Found

dear lord. the amount of attention one can give to a game. you guys are defying the laws of nature with this much attention to detail.

18. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bartwe.

19. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

This all sounds fantastic! And I can't help but admire the use of materials in that tower. It really does feel like the cross-section of a real three dimensional building.
    I can't wait to get building with all those materials!

tassina likes this.
  20. Swordmaster

Swordmaster 2.7182818284590...

You can just smell the progress coming along nicely! :cookie:

tassina likes this.