4th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Oct 5, 2013.

1. xalar

xalar Big Damn Hero

Two things occurred to me. is that globe a map of their home world, or of the planet view from space? And how big of a town do you need in order to get a town biome (aka background)?

2. Para

Para Void-Bound Voyager

How about a glass/metal/neon chamber with buttons in it, that you open when you want to enter; it fills with water, (Or whatever kind of liquid the chamber's in, gotta make use of them liquid physics, yo) then, the drains under (or the vacuum above/to the sides) drains the water, and whatever side is attached to the wall or ceiling (or floor) opens and let's you in?

tassina likes this.
  3. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

YYEYEEEESSSSS IM SO HAPPY

4. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Nice update...
    So, i saw the arcade...
    [​IMG]

The_M_Factor, Showbiz, Cardbo and 8 others like this.
  5. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

Hmmm......add a few drunken, passed-out space pirates, a metric ton of empty bottles, a battleaxe wedged into the wall.....You'll have a dead-ringer for the cantina in my secret base after the last post-raid celebration. Fewer neons though. Pirates + guns / blinking lights ^ (alcohol) = broken technology.

(Keep that in mind ye future captains)

tassina likes this.
  6. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

I KNEW IT:

HYLOTL.

MASTER RACE.

that is all.

7. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

That's how I roll. I dream of it one day being fully functional. You play starbound, use that Starbound arcade machine to open up another window of Starbound within Starbound. Then you can open up another Starbound within that Starbound. Then another, and another, and another... and so on.

Many people don't notice the Starbound logo on that thing from what I gather when I tweeted it a few days ago. :p

The_M_Factor, Showbiz, onerb2 and 6 others like this.
  8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Oh man, I see a UFO catcher (Claw game) I want plushies, all of them. I want plushies of the Devs, Staff, contest winners, people from the forum, various monster, EVERYTHING.

Grimmfayte, Showbiz, Cardbo and 5 others like this.
  9. SPARTEN1337 X13

SPARTEN1337 X13 Big Damn Hero

89th!!!
    love the update, keep up the good work

10. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

How about a reference of terraria or minecraft xD?

DanteStigma likes this.
  11. Captain Infinity

Captain Infinity Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one who, after seeing this, didn't have their mind immediately go "Rapture" and instead simply thought "Underwater Neo-Tokyo"?

onerb2, Deity and TheNightOwl like this.
  12. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

Pssh here is the definition of Apex...

1)the highest point in a plane or solid figure, relative to a base line or plane.
    2)the growing point of a shoot.
    3)the highest level of a hierarchy, organization, or other power structure regarded as a triangle or pyramid.

onerb2 and tassina like this.
  13. TheNightOwl

TheNightOwl Void-Bound Voyager

Remember they are still working on it, but that would look amazing!

14. The_M_Factor

The_M_Factor Void-Bound Voyager

Love this building! looks right for the taking!

onerb2 and tassina like this.
  15. Billobob

Billobob Orbital Explorer

Looks awesome! I love Molly's cameo

tassina likes this.
  16. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

I think airlocks with double doors and draining delays and so forth could be really cool, but also really restricting. In my opinion we'd be better off having something that is just basically a door that doesn't let water through be the default, and then have larger airlocks be a special thing that shows up sometimes, rather than something that impacts every single entrance/exit. Lore justification could be that the sci-fi water-barring technology is only effective for relatively small openings, and so the cargo/docking bay doors have to use the old fashioned biz.

Anyway, that's what I think, now about this MOLE MAN poster

TsukiOkami and Noshire like this.
  17. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

... I'm sorry, did you just say

Underwater sprawling cityscapes

Deity and tassina like this.
  18. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

im gonna hunt down that cameo and any other dev cameos, also the pokemon poster >.> but for completely different reasons.

tassina likes this.
  19. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Blee likes this.
  20. Blee

Blee Void-Bound Voyager

lol that looks awesome!
    omg so awesome
    o my mother of god thats awesome