4th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Deity

Deity Title Not Found

Oh man if the Hylotl live in a Neo-Tokyo type setting I may have to start with them instead of the Glitch...

Amazing update as always :3

onerb2 and tassina like this.
  2. Sam_

Sam_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too lazy to search through the 4 pages to see if anyone's noticed this, but there's a Pokémon poster on the biggest floor, at least, it looks like it. Pretty sure that's a Pokeball....

tassina likes this.
  3. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

It is a really good concept man. Having the progressively modern style and I hope the traditional style we have seen in earlier updates does well to solidify the eastern theme. (first place I stayed in Japan was an old period house with the commercial district just around the corner, a literal past and present sitting right on top of each other)

Seriously loving this

tassina likes this.
  4. Evithlia

Evithlia Weight of the Sky

wow, that neon sign :eek: neon colored blocks? :rofl:

tassina likes this.
  5. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

Of course they'll allow us to create underwater cities. The Hylotl armor allows you to swim faster and possibly breath longer? Any race can wear any armor but the race will get their racial armor before others (obviously). So lets say you and I are playing together in a server. I am playing as Apex and you are a Hylotl. I'll be running slightly faster than you but you may swim faster. Both have obvious advantages/disadvantages.

tassina and Pingeh like this.
  6. DaglessMcChicken

DaglessMcChicken Void-Bound Voyager

since when was mollly a moleman?

7. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

its like a bad rendition of Vegas, Tokyo, and rapture :rofl: i love it!

tassina likes this.
  8. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

according to one of the growing wiki's of starbound hylotl can breath underwater indefinitely.

HedgeFlanders likes this.
  9. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

10. Ayer99

Ayer99 Orbital Explorer

I think it would be a really cool way to get the community involved by having really simple mini games, created by players themselves, available for enjoyment when one is in an Arcade.... Just really basic, Pong level stuff, but things that would allow for some excitement to be drawn out of finding an Arcade....

tassina and HedgeFlanders like this.
  11. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

12. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

Now we need the introduction of a Tiyger

Spacedino and tassina like this.
  13. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like Rapture meets Japan.

14. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

Nice! I wonder how valid underwater buildings are. If underwater buildings are too difficult to build (even with Hylotl armor) and maintain then I'll just stick with Apex.

15. Para

Para Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question

That globe in the center, will it change depending on the way the planet looks on the Starmap? That would be soo rad.

16. Osmedirez

Osmedirez Phantasmal Quasar

Look, it's great. Wonderful even. But it's missing the most important detail.

[​IMG]

Karaoke bar! :viking:

17. DarkPursuer

DarkPursuer Void-Bound Voyager

Looks great, but I believe if you add a biome background at the back it'll look even better! Preferably a citiscape bg!

tassina likes this.
  18. Parsh

Parsh Poptop Tamer

I'm gonna smash the windows.... muhahahahaha!

19. EnigmaticExplorer

EnigmaticExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

Wow awesome picture :)
    Good update... mostly especially "sprawling cityscapes under the sea" that i would quickly explore... and take some loot. :D

20. Josephdud66

Josephdud66 Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else notice the 'Mole Man' poster with Mollygos? :p