Dev Blog 4th July - Where the Fluffalo Roam

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 4, 2016.

1. MACMAN2003

MACMAN2003 Tentacle Wrangler

please readd the old hotbar i hate the new one

2. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

*starts humming eiffel 65 " i'm blue" *

3. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

Alien girlfriends ya say?
    STAVEN UNEVERSSS.jpg

Tazmaniac95 likes this.
  4. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Anyone know when the next stable update will be out?

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The devs haven't provided a concrete release date. They appear to be aiming for this year, but that's non-binding.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  6. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

Do cows need to have a grass to sustain themselves or they simply grow with time?

7. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will we be able to build turrets/hire mercenaries to defend our livestock?

8. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

You can already build turrets. Whether or not they turn your livestock into a fine red mist... I have no idea.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Fixed that for you.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  10. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More Adorables!

11. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I haven't really played with the colony system at all, unfortunately, but I think maybe if you managed to attract a guard NPC into a house next to the livestock, they would probably defend the area. At least, I think that's possible.

12. Gnardak

Gnardak Void-Bound Voyager

Can you still build turrets? I thought they took out turrets when they revamped the combat system.

13. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

no turrets are still around, just they pretty target everyone and everything that isn't you........that and they are really reliable for anything

14. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Thanks for letting me know!

15. Starsweeper

Starsweeper Void-Bound Voyager

Excuse me for a moment.

Leaves the forum briefly. Excited screaming, chase music and the sounds of mooing can be heard through the forum door and it shatters several windows. Returns, holding baby space cows and fluffalos galore and deadpan stares.

These are mine now.

Kawa likes this.
  16. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

Thanks for the link. That answers a lot of my curiosities.

17. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Glad to help! Also, judging by devs' response to the folks asking the planet chat's disapearance(apparently chat had to be reworked in a major way to deal with issues large groups of players had, and the devs did not have the time to reimplement planetary chat before 1.0 even if they plan to after official release), the game may be entering feature freeze so it sound like we MAY be heading toward an "Unstable"(and thus be soon only a couple of steps away from "Stable") build -very- soon.

With a developpers Twitch session announced for Friday at 1pm EST, that make me wonders if that might not indeed be the case and thus prove true the late july estimate for Unstable true.

18. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan Void-Bound Voyager

Is the base game updated to these newer versions? I don't see features like connect via steam, etc. Wanna play after not playing because I wanted these features and i don't see them, any help would be appreciated.

19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

All features shown in a dev blog post can only be found in the opt-in Nightly beta for Starbound - Unstable until the next stable update is pushed. Everything from December on can only be found in Nightly. To opt in to Nightly, right click "Starbound - Unstable" in your steam library, click "properties", click the "Betas" tab, then opt into the Nightly beta.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  20. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Sooner than you think. It's already hit Unstable.

Ludovic and Chris1488 like this.