1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed 4/28 - Nightly Build - Changes, Quirks, Etc. And a quick mod to add upgrade commands to S.A.I.L.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Professor Falken, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Falken

Professor Falken Seal Broken

Hi, all.

Just downloaded the 4/28 build!

Notes:

- Player and Universe folders are back in "Storage"
    - Using players from an older build should no longer error out due to missing codexes.
    - Items like hatches, which when placed were offset, are now placing in the proper positions. If you load your character from a previous build that had this "offset" placing, your hatches will pop off. You'll need to pick them up and replace them.
    - S.A.I.L. is sleeping. :) So, you'll need to use commands for pretty much all the upgrades previously gained via S.A.I.L. (This isn't too new, but it's really asleep now! No commands by default.)
    - "sbinit.config" file ~ sbboot.config?
    - The /aiaction command now requires putting the JSON portion in single quotes. Without enclosing the JSON in single quotes will result in an "Exception caught handling client command" error.
    Ex:
    Code:
    /aiaction '{ "action": "EnableCommand", "command": "giveBeamaxe" }'
    Using Existing Worlds
    I've loaded up my server, which was on the 4/20 build. Seems like everything is where it should be. I haven't run into any objects that might not be in this build yet. So, it should be OK to slap your old world into this build.

Mod to enable S.A.I.L. upgrade Commands
    I whipped up a quick little mod to help my friends get back into playing should they use new characters. Basically, the commands you would type to give yourself the matter manipulator, upgrade it, fix boosters, fix FTL are re-enabled on S.A.I.L. with this mod. It uses the same commands, only it puts them on S.A.I.L. and gives you the core samples and erchius crystals to complete the commands.

[​IMG]

Commands
    To add the upgrade commands to S.A.I.L., install the Falken mod and use this command:
    /aicommand enablesailupgrades

This command is just something I added which will give you the options to get a full package of gear, some cash, and allow you to easily spawn food. This is for testing purposes, really. Try this command and then check S.A.I.L.:
    /aicommand enablegoodies

Falken's Mod Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhgzyou9qzrg6t4/Falken.7z?dl=0
    Simple install: Download, Right click the Falken.7z file, Extract Files..., Browse to your "Mods" folder, then OK. Browsing to your game folder, you should see a "Starbound - Unstable/Mods/Falken" folder.

We just got into Starbound a few weeks ago, and I'm using this "Nightly" experience to learn about the game and play around with the modding a bit. Hope some people find this useful.

-Falken

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. FunkDooBiesT

FunkDooBiesT Aquatic Astronaut

What I have found on my new nightly run:
    1st: Garden spawn planet, seems like the new place that you find your self at.
    2nd: Garden planet now houses the gateway to the outpost.
    3rd: Starter planet mine had very little core fragments, grand total of 1 on my planet.
    4th: Some one ordered a substantial amount of dinosaur hats!
    5th: Obtaining 20 core fragments didn't trigger repair mission (sail or outpost) bypassed with "/aicommand upgradeShip1"
    6th: Flew ship to Forest planet, but teleporting down to surface is failing.

tbc.....

Edit: And then I notice another Nightly update on it's way that might completely change the points above.

Professor Falken likes this.
  3. Professor Falken

We got the same thing regarding teleporting to a surface failing. Log showed it to be that there was an undefined treasure pool for some of the mini dungeons... (In other words, it looks like they're redoing the treasure structure and are in the middle of it.)
    Code:
    Caused by: (TreasureException) Unknown treasure pool 'glitchSewerLore'
    Caused by: (TreasureException) Unknown treasure pool 'apexLabLore'
    Adding entries for these missing pools to treasure/microdungeons.treasurepools and throwing it into a mod folder was a quick fix for this issue. I'm guessing as we port to other worlds, we might find other pools that aren't in just yet.

-Falken

4. floranhungry

floranhungry Void-Bound Voyager

Any idea how to get any tech working?

5. Dr Cyanide

Dr Cyanide Tentacle Wrangler

to enable Tech:

Head Tech

Distortion Sphere (rolly ball)
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "distortionspheretech" ]}'

Aqua Sphere
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "aquaspheretech" ]}'

Spike Sphere
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "spikespheretech" ]}'

Sonic Sphere
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "sonicspheretech" ]}'

Body Tech

Dash
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "dashtech" ]}'

Air Dash
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "airdashtech" ]}'

Sprint
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "sprinttech" ]}'

Blink Dash
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "blinkdashtech" ]}'

Leg Tech

Pulse Jump
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "doublejumptech" ]}'

Multi Jump
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "multijumptech" ]}'

Rocket Jump
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "rocketjumptech" ]}'

Wall Jump
    /aiaction '{"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "walljumptech" ]}'

6. Professor Falken

Also, the initial "Wake up" command (not in current nightly, but enabled by my mini-mod above) will make all the above techs available. The starter skills will be enabled, while the others require a Tech Drive to upgrade.

Here's the actual command to enable the "Wake Up" in S.A.I.L.:
    Code:
    "Wake Up"
    /aiaction '{ "action": "EnableCommand", "command": "upgradeShip1" }'
    -Falken

7. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

The download link doesn't work, gives a 404 error saying the file I'm looking for has been moved or deleted.

Professor Falken likes this.
  8. Professor Falken

Woops! Thanks for letting me know. I updated the links and tested them, so they should work now.

-Falken

9. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, great mod just wantde to give up on nightly. cant go down to planets too. i was down only once for a fey seconds then got beamed up again.

[QUOTE="Adding entries for these missing pools to treasure/microdungeons.treasurepools and throwing it into a mod folder was a quick fix for this issue. I'm guessing as we port to other worlds, we might find other pools that aren't in just yet.
    "[/QUOTE]

is that something i can try myself too? with yr help..

10. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Did you ever get any further with this problem, because thus far the only planets I've been able to stay on for more than a few seconds are moons.

It's... not the most thrilling of locations to visit.

11. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

Anyone had any luck at all being able to run a server in Nightly? My server on Stable runs perfectly fine...

EDIT: Actually, why is the launcher for the server in Nightly not scanning for uPnP port forwarding anymore lol??

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  12. DukeOfRiven

I can't even get Starbound to launch unless I force it to open against its will via the Terminal.

13. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

That's weird...I'd make a backup copy of your current folder, and then I'd delete Unstable - Nightly entirely. It should work fine after you re-install. However, I basically spent all of last night trying to add the uPnP port forwarding scan back to the .config file. I haven't succeeded in fixing anything. I don't know what they did when they changed "sbinit.config" file ~ sbboot.config" (which Falken even lists in the thread's topic post).

14. DukeOfRiven

I'm copy pasting this from the thread I already have going that's been more-or-less ignored:

I keep getting a 10810 error (on a Mac, 10.9.5)

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY TRIED DOING

1) Restarting Steam
    2) Launching the application directly instead of through Steam
    3) Deleting the Starbound (Unstable) Folder in SteamApps and reinstalling
    4) Launching the application directly instead of through Steam AND not even having Steam open
    5) Swear
    6) Tried chmod +x [Directory]starbound.app to see if it is a permissions problem.
    7) Verified cache

At presetn Starbound only opens if I runL 'open -a [Stardbound app path] -n in the terminal. If I run just open -a [Stardbound app path, I get the same error.

15. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

Dang...sorry to hear that. I didn't even realize you were playing on a Mac either. Nightly has been one big mess, one patch after another, lately.

16. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

Yippee, more broken nightlies! Wish it wouldn't happen so often but at the end of the day, it's still the nightly.
    Have some errors from Windows.
    Code:
    [14:13:34.971] Error: Application exception thrown, shutting down: (JsonException) Cannot convert from null to string
    [0] e8e60a
    [1] e8d568
    [2] e4993e
    [3] df230c
    [4] 138e6a5
    [5] 138eae6
    [6] df8bfc
    [7] 14af86d
    [8] 75e97c04 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [9] 77dfad1f RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [10] 77dfacea RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [14:13:35.514] Error: Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 6781055B (Write of address 53000255)
    [0] e8e60a
    [1] e8e845
    [2] e8a602
    [3] e8b8dd
    [4] e8bcf2
    [5] 75e97c04 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [6] 77dfad1f RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [7] 77dfacea RtlInitializeExceptionChain

17. DukeOfRiven

When was the last time the nightly updated? Because my copy hasn't updated for days - any way I can check that?

18. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

It actually updated at 11:37pm for me last night.

EDIT: Hilarious...only here can I not type 11 37pm...or else I get Kawaii Kitten lol

19. DukeOfRiven

Do you know how to tell what copy of Nightly you're running, though? (And does Steam have a download history hidden anywhere?)

20. DukeOfRiven

Okay, checking Date Modified in the steam folder I haven't gotten an update since the seventh.

(But the interior files say they were modified around three AM last night. Weird. Launching the game tells me the asset folders dat to MAy 10 - today - so I assume I am actually up to date?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.