3rd August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kalrirr

Kalrirr Big Damn Hero

They only have 19 or so days left until Insomnia event. So... time to hurry because it has to be rather solid for a public demo. =)
    Good luck Devs, we believe! =D

2. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And our parents always told us to go play outside... Evil, evil people!

Legodude1237 and tassina like this.
  3. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

What gets me is he thought citrus sunglasses would save him. Who does he think he is.. Alucard? ;p

My goofiness about seeing T1 aside, how much of an improvment do you think you all have done on optimizing starbound? Are you guys going to try it on a windows 3.1 machine or something? Cause with the way the tweeks sound Im just wondering if an old 66mghz processor wouldn't be able to carry it. ;)

4. dylstew

dylstew Phantasmal Quasar

No pretty screenshot? :(
    Son, I am disappoint. >.<

5. sahil04

sahil04 Void-Bound Voyager

December 14th 2016
    Tiy: We're almost done polishing the game'

I know you guys want the game to be good, but its of no use on how much you work on the game if it is gonna take forever just to release the beta and make people loose all interest and exitement

6. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And here i was hoping you were smarter then that ;) just kidding

I am watching your progress with much interest, i can't wait for the game to reach beta stage.

keep up the good work. :)

tassina likes this.
  7. Flannicus90

Flannicus90 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My beta thoughts: que serra, serra.
    The developers are keeping busy with their jobs, so I am finding things to fill my time. Productive things. Like teaching myself to cook souffle, learning Python, and taking summer classes.
    Starbound has helped me prioritize events in my life, and develop the forethought to meet them with patience. So thanks, Tiy and all, from the bottom of my heart. Some unintentional by-product of your hard work I thought I would share.

Legodude1237 and Belgoliad like this.
  8. AzViz

AzViz Subatomic Cosmonaut

1 boss per tier is already 10 bosses. And then we have the random dungeon/mini bosses. I think it's enough bosses... Bosses.

9. liamdawe

liamdawe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I keep seeing directx improvements, I hope you guys aren't favouring it over OpenGL now the Mac and Linux crowd wouldn't be too happy...both me and my mrs have it on pre-order :D

Liam from GamingOnLinux.com

10. AzViz

AzViz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's august the 4th, the year ends December 31st. that's more than 4 months

Flannicus90 and tassina like this.
  11. Daon

Daon Void-Bound Voyager

what no screen shot .... i wana see a sun burnt Tiy screen shot at least

CubeX likes this.
  12. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I want to write a fan fic about his sunburn.

13. Ewan

Ewan Orbital Explorer

There will be 7 big bosses, 1 for each tier, and there will be a lot mini-bosses, they also said they will try to make that any normal mob can become a mini-Boss version, probably they will make him bigger and add more powers/strategies to it.

But i honestly hope they dont go over-bored and get Beta to us sooner then lather.

14. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I'd actually prefer later. My biggest fear is that its just not going to be enjoyable at beta. So take your time game devs!

Belgoliad, tassina and riseoflegends like this.
  15. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Nah, it's only us who are likely to get bored, let alone over-bored, and several of us are already in a lather! :DD

16. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Sounds gooey... :p
    Great work, Chucklefishers! :D

17. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

Sorry if I offended you in any way, it's just that I couldn't see the sarcasm on your post.

And no no no no, I don't think the devs are sitting on their asses doing nothing. Actually the opposite, the reason why I made that post was because I think if I was a developer I would hate for people to be mentioning a beta release all the time, while the game is not even ready. I simply got one example of how repetitive this is. If I, someone who's only been here since not many months ago, feel uncomfortable about all this BETA conspiracy, I can imagine how the devs feel listening to the same thing for YEARS. It's like that kid that annoys the crap out of their parents going: "Are we there yet?" When the parent can't really do anything about it, there's no way you can fast forward to the location, same way the devs can't just click their fingers and BAM, game is ready. And yes, I also believe in a September release for the Beta, I even voted for this on one of those polls here... but you don't see me going: BETA IS NIGH, BRACE YOURSELVES. Stuff like this doesn't add to the discussion, annoys people and , most importantly, doesn't make the beta any closer.

tassina likes this.
  18. Mazair

Mazair Orbital Explorer

I thought beta was like early access but just looks like i was waiting for the full game instead :'(

Legodude1237 likes this.
  19. Kota

Kota Astral Cartographer

I believe there are 10 tiers :viking:

tassina and Cloudhopper like this.
  20. Ragnaman

Ragnaman Space Spelunker

Ahhh, sweet, sweet, sweet technical details.
    All this pleases me greatly.

tassina likes this.