1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

3D printer and Duplication bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alkheemist, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Alkheemist

Alkheemist Void-Bound Voyager

Playing starbound on a friend's server, my 3D printer does not appear to function. Scanning does nothing.

Additionally, placing any item in the scan slot and then exiting the 3D printer will cause 2 of the placed items to pop out. This can be used to slowly duplicate raw materials, or easily manufacture more complex equipment.

Playing starbound on Windows 7

2. Boxtop

Boxtop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A lot of people can't get their 3D-printer working, including me. My guess is it's a feature that hasn't been completely finished yet.

3. DynamicFall

DynamicFall Void-Bound Voyager

Ya the dupe bug is known I think. As far as the printer it works great for me. But know that you can ONLY scan items with a pixel value. You have to pay the value and lose the item to be able to re-make it anytime(for more pixels)

4. Boxtop

Boxtop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm. I'll have to try that, then. I just assumed you could put pretty much any loot you find into it.

5. Mostlyjoe

Mostlyjoe Orbital Explorer

Also. Blueprints you find in chests. Like the Eye Bed.

6. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

I can confirm that I have paid the pixel value, lost the item and gotten nothing in the 3d printer. Maybe not all recipes are implemented in it correctly?

7. Mostlyjoe

Mostlyjoe Orbital Explorer

Hell, not all the tool tips are written. I've found LOADS of placeholders.

8. Alkheemist

Alkheemist Void-Bound Voyager

Trying it again in singleplayer seems to make it work.