31st august progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Short but sweet as always

2. Zalgo

Zalgo Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting rock formation behind that Hylotl there.

3. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

I really like how those trees look. Kinda like alien versions of silver birch. :)

4. Asti

Asti Void-Bound Voyager

A "favourite planets" system would be cool. One homeplanet is not enough. ;)

Axe Garian and DoktorKot like this.
  5. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

That problem is easily resolved all the devs would need to do employ a system where by the game recognises that you already have completed the tutorial and would start you off with your ship intact and maybe on a different planet altogether......problem solved.

6. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Legris says "We really want to make it accessible for you, the players to move around through the galaxies and share your experiences with others, coordinates, explorations etc."

So it gets me wondering, what kind of interesting things can we expect to find on planets while exploring space that would merit a significant 'discovery' ? or an experience worth sharing the coordinates for etc ?

tassina, DoktorKot and SPOOKS80 like this.
  7. SPOOKS80

There may be some really unique and cool looking planets out there some even rare and have special qualities which of course you wouldn't want to keep to yourself now.........would you ?

tassina likes this.
  8. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very nice work, guys! If only the Roadmap could be updated....
    ;)

9. SPOOKS80

Meh the roadmap can wait i would rather them work on the beta im dying to have a blast at making my own wee house and smashing some penguins in the face with me robot head :D

10. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

The trees look great, but what about shrubs? I don't think I've seen a single plant between small flower and giant tree besides a couple food crops.

tassina, GrumpyMcfart and Vession like this.
  11. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

this game is going to be great with the trees and everything

12. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Looks great as always ^^

tassina likes this.
  13. Billobob

Billobob Orbital Explorer

Well now, that's no fun! also pretty embarrassing that I didn't realize that... and I assume the yellow ore is just gold?

tassina and Jackorias like this.
  14. Spazmatism

Spazmatism Aquatic Astronaut

What I've noticed is that in most of the pictures, it's always the same background planet. Will this change in the future?
    Maybe to something like the planets in the background are actually other planets in the solar system, and how big they are in the background depends on how close they are to the planet you're on.

AdenSword, tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  15. Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt Big Damn Hero

16. nolan1024

nolan1024 Subatomic Cosmonaut

they said you can skip the tutorial

okaymars, AdenSword, tassina and 2 others like this.
  17. Loria Cesaille

Loria Cesaille Big Damn Hero

There are some, but they're lost in the hundreds of screens at this point.

AdenSword and tassina like this.
  18. Zeddos

Zeddos Void-Bound Voyager

Ive never known a dev team that shared their progress with the fanbase as much as you guys. Its quite awesome, and I thank you :)

19. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do believe so. Sorry to be a party pooper, but then again that's a low level hylotol on a new planet, deeper down and in higher tiers, there will be new ores.

tassina likes this.
  20. McSkkillet

McSkkillet Tentacle Wrangler

Good work guys, I can't wait for this game.

tassina, Axe Garian and Ecleptic like this.