2nd September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Is this a bug hunt sarge?

2. Trogolodite

Trogolodite Space Spelunker

There is a real and good reason, the reason is that the game is still highly unstable, there are constant save state roll backs which means loss of character data (which you cant tell me would annoy you) and there is a very very low content cap at the moment (only about 1.5 tiers of play out of an eventual 11+) so even if you did get the beta now, there's only enough to keep you interested for a few hours, your game play would most likely get rolled back any way, and you wouldn't be guaranteed a stable version any way.

Don't be deceived by the progress made each day seeming like its close. There's still a long way to go, and while i agree i never thought it would take this long, i have no one to blame but myself for optimistically believing that this game would magically write itself faster than any other well made game.

3. Lostrokk

Lostrokk Master Chief

Woohoo! This is the kind of productivity I like to see from you guys :)

Silvestre and tassina like this.
  4. Medenutcracka

Medenutcracka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG] Image Credit to: Andy4767

5. lpp911

lpp911 Zero Gravity Genie

OMG!
    This will be so awesome to play when it comes out. Every time i see new "post" photo i get more and more excited about the game.
    I particularly like this photo where it shows some abandoned building with some "perhaps" security (barb wire) there could be some traps ahead hehe
    I spent alot of time playing Fallout games and one of main reasons was the aspect of exploring old pre-war buildings (with security and sutch)

You guys are genius!!! I think your game will be remembered for ages (like Super Mario today)
    Now back to keyboard mashing hehe :D[​IMG]

6. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That screenshot is badass!... kinda reminds me of Aliens... "They're commin out of the goddam walls!!!"

7. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

UFO boss? Pray tell.

8. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it a prison to keep the ones who repeatedly ask about the beta? :D

Jokes aside, nice to hear about the latest fixes and tweaks, I hope you let us know when the next tiers are completed, too, in future updates.

tassina and poeticfelony like this.
  9. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

[Over-exaggerated William Shatner as Captain Kirk]
    "Penguins... in space! They, fly! Their... UFOs. They, beam down to... destroy... all humans. While you still can, run... for your lives!"

10. Lazureus

Lazureus Master Chief

That Prison should be sufficiently creepy during a thunderstorm at night.

[EDIT] Especially if all the lights are out.

tassina likes this.
  11. KoedGaming

KoedGaming Star Wrangler

Don't make me eat you. I will. Don't make me. You can't escape, you're just a fat pig. So again I repeat. Don't make me eat you.

Jaden850, Showbiz, ArcLight and 5 others like this.
  12. Dtho_47

Dtho_47 Star Wrangler

13. TheAmberChicken

TheAmberChicken Void-Bound Voyager

Is it just me or does the sign say penal colony?

Noctwinds likes this.
  14. popbot

popbot Subatomic Cosmonaut

tassina and Serenity like this.
  15. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Anyone else getting a bit annoyed at the forums lately?

Everywhere you look:
    "Beta?"
    "When is beta?"
    "RELEASE IT!"
    "WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?!"

Then it gets even worse:
    "The devs don't care about releasing it fast they already have the money."
    "The developers are greedy, there's no reason they can't release a beta right now!!"
    "I want a refund they promised it would be out sooner!!!"

I'm so tired of it. They've gone above and beyond what any other dev team has and yet there are still so many ungrateful people that have no patience. To make it even worse, every single one of these people paid the bare minimum to preorder or hasn't bought the game yet (no badges). The developers are doing their jobs, I don't see why certain people need to constantly pester them. They stated during i49 that they're working hard to get the beta out in 2013. This means three things. 1) They aren't set on an exact date or even month yet. 2) It's still possible that beta will not make it in 2013. 3) We still likely have a couple months before beta.

Hopefully someone won't quote me with "But here they said game would be released in 2013, we have a right to be mad". No you don't. Things change, and if you can't accept delays then you shouldn't preorder games. This is why most development teams don't communicate with their fans to this degree. Some people take everything developers say as law, and when it's untrue they get mad. Please stop pestering them, assuming the beta is right around the corner, and holding them to every single claim they've ever made. All evidence points to beta still being a couple months off.

Rant over. Sorry, but I had to get it off my chest.

16. JennShii

Penal is a hilarious word. Thank you. :cool:

17. Woodrow

Woodrow Title Not Found

GOD, DO I NEED THIS GAME

18. QuietusStar

QuietusStar Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

At least I know that I'll have a place to escape from when I get sent there for killing the army of planetary repomen for not paying my dues on my planets that were RIGHTFULLY MINE!:mad: Can I have a home planet without having to pay huge amounts for it?:pwease:

tassina likes this.
  19. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

look guys another guy that doesnt know what beta means

20. JennShii

#r00d :lod: