2nd September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Jaycer

Jaycer Void-Bound Voyager

It's looking beautiful! Good job team. ;)

tassina likes this.
  2. ZdzichuCzarny

ZdzichuCzarny Void-Bound Voyager

Same here.

3. AvantGuard

AvantGuard Void-Bound Voyager

I read beta would be ready when Tier 3 is done or something around that. Since the majority of the tier work was in implementing Tier 1, finishing Tier 2 & 3 shouldn't be that long I'd assume.

4. Medenutcracka

Medenutcracka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beta is confirmed to be in 2013, and I think i read that it will be after they finish tier 3

Ahbahl and tassina like this.
  5. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

That screenshot looks amazing! and Damnit now I know about a boss... sucessfully managed to avoid most spoilers until now... but good to hear all is coming along nicely! :DD

6. Medenutcracka

I can tell we are getting close to Beta because I'm starting to get extremely hyped up about it. That always means something is coming.

Dinosocks and samufel like this.
  7. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Did I read that right?.. on the sign, "Penal Colony"? o_O Uhh.. Yes! Right.. Great update Tiy! Brilliant as always!

8. AdachiTheGreat

AdachiTheGreat Void-Bound Voyager

Beta this week I bet.

DustyMongoose likes this.
  9. You're a Floran! I gonna put you there, mwahah

coatey, Billobob, Mavi and 4 others like this.
  10. AiRStrejf

AiRStrejf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...Like a very specific character which guides you and occasionally decides to let unpleasant creatures inside.

11. Kaiflame

Kaiflame Space Hobo

Oh, does this mean that there are going to be an Inter-galactic space police organization? Cause if there are, then I will get arrested by them for the sake of breaking out of all of their prisons. >:D

12. Medenutcracka

Try not to get your hopes up :)

Gears, coatey, braulio1984 and 5 others like this.
  13. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Will there be Bacon..? o; Wait what am I saying! No i forbid it, I'm a delicate race requiring a sophisticated concoction of Sunlight and Rain! How'd you expect my roots to survive in that dim light excuse of a burger house! QQ

Unless there be Bacon of course ;)

14. Frey Cloudseer

Frey Cloudseer Cosmic Narwhal

I am going to establish a planet specifically for criminals, and then come back in a few hundred in-game years and see if they start saying "G'day mate!" and drink Fosters. (This statement is not meant to offend anyone, just using 2 stereotypes for the sake of a joke :D) Also, does the sign mean that we will be able to customize signs and such, or is that just going to be a default crafted item, or is the prison perhaps a type of dungeon, where you will see vagabonds and fugitives wandering with toothbrush shivs? Not just shivs, but INTERGALACTIC, HYPERSPACE, WARPSPEED, FTL, AUTOMATIC toothbrush shivs... Yet still made of cheap plastic.

Also, had to be done. Even though it has most likely been done hundreds of time.
    [​IMG]

15. Bigkahuna

Bigkahuna Big Damn Hero

Haha, okay. For all our jokers out there, here's the definition of penal.

16. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

USCM : United Space Command Militia

Almost wish It was UNSC......and we get ODST style outfits.

Gears, Mukin, Noctwinds and 7 others like this.
  17. ViteLock

ViteLock Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not beta.... But still an awesome update! Starbound is going to be my number 1 game! :DD

coatey and NovastarX like this.
  18. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

Can someone tell me what is not beta ready about this game? Please do not say Because the devs aren't ready. It's a beta for goodness It's supposed to crash and lag and be buggy and make my computer turn off randomly.

UberDaniel likes this.
  19. Frey Cloudseer

And your own children, of course!

20. Frey Cloudseer

Ehm, if I may say something that has been stated, however it is paraphrased, since I am far too lazy to find the quote myself; We are planning to release once Tier 3 is complete. Now let's think about that for a second, just a small bit ago, a few days, they were saying that tier 2 is almost complete, and the reason it isn't ready is because they feel that it really just isn't ready yet. I somewhat agree with you that it seems rather ready, but I am willing to wait a bit for it to release, and also, what the developers say is law, hail to the Sacred Scarf of Tiy, bow to the sacred Ukulele of Mollygos, and HAIL TO THE SACRED MONKEY TAIL OF BARTWE, THE HOLY CODE SIMIAN!