2nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ZephyrusRex

ZephyrusRex Aquatic Astronaut

The Hype Train has no brakes!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Cannot wait!!!!!!! I'm going to burst!!!!

2. SkeletonGamer123

SkeletonGamer123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

GUYS plz plz make multiplayer esir it'll be more awsome if u guy make it so i can make a world and share it

3. lyra

lyra Title Not Found

I wonder how the random monster generator will select the color pallets for each monster? I hope it tries to match up with the environment as camouflage as evolution would really only work that way with some minor exceptions.

4. Vladplaya

Vladplaya Cosmic Narwhal

Monster evolution?

[​IMG]

twitchtopia likes this.
  5. Timeheart

Timeheart Void-Bound Voyager

Seems like we're so close to a working beta with this news! I can't wait till it's finally open!

6. twitchtopia

twitchtopia Void-Bound Voyager

7. Caep

Caep Void-Bound Voyager

Randomly generated monster evolution? That sounds exciting!

8. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

misc-creepy-glasses-guy.png
    Indeed.

9. Timeolord

Timeolord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't wait for starbound to have their beta!

10. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

impressed with the evolution mechanic alone...this is really shaping up to exceed my expectations by the update.

really glad I pre-ordered as soon as the option was available.

11. Valos

Valos Void-Bound Voyager

I remember something about taming, that you can only tame baby creatures. That being sayed can tamed creatures grow to evolved specimens?

12. kenjutsu

kenjutsu Void-Bound Voyager

Everytime I read "We are working on" and something new I feel like developers add so many
    features but then the time for release increases when new features appears...
    I think β doesn't have to contain too much features, is β mentioned by developers?
    Maybe there is no β and we get full version when it is the first release?

13. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is the coolest person on the forums officially.
    [​IMG]
    Cat's got style.

Now if we can just get her throwing some pictorial vichyssoise at us...

Molly said just a few days ago there is a confirmed beta release 2013 and a confirmed release date for the completed game of 2013.

Thus, the beta won't be around for too long prior to the game going live. It's going to be a process of working out any bugs that players may happen upon in the course of their playing. Rest assured, the devs are doing everything they can to have all the game-breaking stuff ironed out of the game. Currently, they still have a lot of things in the game that only work with admin-commands, which means the game is NOT in an operational, playable state. You'd be having to do a lot of keyboard typing commands to make things work, and it wouldn't be fun or enjoyable. Getting things into the game is more like artwork and less like fixing a car: it's not a step 1 do this, step 2 do that kind of thing. It's more of an "it's finished when it's finished" thing. No worries, friend.