2nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

well i will be so divided between terraria 1.2.0 and STARBOUND its just going to be too much awesome though i do expect 1.2.0 to come out before starbound so i might be able to play 1.2.0 a little before starbound but its adding so much i dont know if i will finish it before starbound comes out (the beta im talking about of course)

2. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Terraria will have new update??? First thing I heard of that. Nice to know :)

3. AdenSword

do i see a mushroom? YES yes i do see a mushroom i want to eat it but wait what if it is a POISON mushroom and i hate mushrooms anyway so i will just lure the monster to eat it and see if it dies

4. lpp911

lpp911 Zero Gravity Genie

it really isn't bad idea, race around the planet. Vehicles optional (none, land, air, maybe diggers ) (PvP, Player vs. NPC) ????
    Who knows... i mean look at Minecraft what has changed and been added since release... (This game already has a lot of content (planned) already....
    My favorite: space/planet exploration :D

5. Coryn02

Coryn02 Zero Gravity Genie

Wait, is this like Darwinian evolution, where the evolved traits show up over generations, or Pokemon evolution, where they show up in a single individual, do not get passed on to the next generation, and may or may not benefit the concerned being? Not so sure, but it seems like the latter (minus the not benefiting the concerned)

6. AdenSword

oh yeah its going to be AWESOME there were only 368 items or something like that in the game and like a few weeks ago he posted a celebration about making the 1000th!!! item so its going to be HUGE [​IMG]

small spoiler of things to come and one more thing i will show you there look up more on your own

riseoflegends and Baku Vicen like this.
  7. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

One of the biggest problems with that game that really should've been addressed is how every hostile NPC just comes for you. All of them, no matter what you do, or what you build, there will always be something trying to come kill you. It made it difficult to just sit back and enjoy the game as you are always under siege by something.

8. Baku Vicen

OMG thanks for the info, pal. I really though Re-Logic wouldn't launch no mores updates after declaring it.
    http://www.gamefront.com/terraria-dev-weve-decided-to-move-on-so-no-more-updates/

9. Icepole

Icepole Big Damn Hero

10. AdenSword

11. AdenSword

but we cannot compare it to anything else

Baku Vicen likes this.
  12. Baku Vicen

For sure, in fact I just love the way Chucklefish is working in order to keep us informing and driving up hype til the sky. Just Epic

13. AdenSword

the in game currency will be pixels and as far as i know they work for all races and im not sure if there will be a gold pixel worth 1000 pixels but it sounds cool

14. thenarth

thenarth Void-Bound Voyager

Minecraft is often described as an "infiniminer clone" I've never played said game and while I suspect it's far from a clone I've never seen anyone dispute that minecraft owes a lot to it. But that's fine, good ideas can be implemented in a variety of ways and there's often a lot of room for various combinations of ideas which aren't better as much as different. That said I'm stoked about starbound because it looks good, not because I haven't seen the features anywhere else but the combination thereof is looks fun. Simple. I agree with your overall point I mean my correction only reinforces it after all. I get more and more excited with each update and I finally pre ordered it today.

15. Baku Vicen

Welcome to the star-addicts clan :)

lpp911 likes this.
  16. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

First thought in my head after checking out the evolution screenshot:

In the grim future of the Starbound universe, there is only Pokemon.

[​IMG]
    Source: google images (stored on imgur).

Ammonite and Baku Vicen like this.
  17. Baku Vicen

A Pokemon to rule them all, a scanner to find them,
    a ball to bring them all and in the darkness bind.

UlfrAndi likes this.
  18. Baku Vicen

Nice Tau commander figure :)

19. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How did that happen?:rofl: