2nd August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 3, 2013.

1. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Please, I don't want a closed beta. They usually release these keys for other games when I'm sleeping and if they don't do it like that, bots usually get the keys first. An open beta would benefit everybody though.

2. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No magic at all. No spells, casts, magical wands, abracadabra and/or mana rigmarole. Only sci-fi features

Legro X. Brox 360th and kik4444 like this.
  3. silvershadow

silvershadow Master Chief

I'm starting to feel dissapointed, we should have in our hands the beta already, at this pace we will recieve the game almost finished, it almost looks like they are making the game for themselves, this is my personal opinion, afterall i'm starting to lose interest in this game.. I pre-ordened to help the Devs, not to comment on a thread about how beautiful their house looks

Sakaru, Necrius, carcrasher65 and 6 others like this.
  4. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

I know how you feel...

Mazair likes this.
  5. Mazair

Mazair Orbital Explorer

You better give us a heads up like day before update if you do the game play live stream thingy please do :D

6. Kalrirr

Kalrirr Big Damn Hero

Since yogscast get's exclusive access to the game at the "insomnia" event it's unlikely that we'll see anything from the game in terms of a beta before that. I love chucklefish, I love what Starbound will be...
    But I don't get why the devs can't even state "no it won't be before insomnia or "we aren't sure yet". Seriously... no one will hold it against you, devs. But we're entitled to SOME scrap of info on the wait time by now, aren't we?

killpay and kik4444 like this.
  7. Ebdac

Ebdac Star Wrangler

I will not be watching that stream :p I want to live all of this for myself!! :D

Bourak_1 likes this.
  8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

No, Yogscast doesn't get exclusive access. Anyone in the UK could go there, if they had the money.

9. Yeezus

Yeezus 2.7182818284590...

This is a pretty cool screenshot, it looks pretty old-school though, so we get classic and futuristic furniture? Dope.

10. Yamadronis

Yamadronis Void-Bound Voyager

Liar!

11. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Because the artists work on programming core gameplay right??

12. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

of course, code with Pixels++

Toryu-Mau and JuDelCo like this.
  13. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Another exciting update, thanks.

14. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Hey Tiy! Loved the update and can't wait to see more of these awesome vistas the game can create. You might think it was a boring update but really it was anything but. o/

15. Dtho_47

Dtho_47 Star Wrangler

This is my words!

16. Veheed

Veheed Title Not Found

I am really happy it feels like they are making the game for themselves because it showsf their LOVE for their creative child.
    Or would you rather prefer to have a soulless product developed by developers without any drive to make their game as polished, fun and even visually beautiful?
    To me, they only show care.

But you probably like day one DLCs. Opinions... :)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  17. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was the most exciting update in quite a while, honestly.

18. Legro X. Brox 360th

Legro X. Brox 360th Starship Captain

I love this game :DD. It's shaping up to be one of those games you tell your great-great-grandchildren about when, in the future, you're just a head in a jar. Also, it's got the best community of any game I've ever seen/played. Keep up the good work Chucklefish :)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  19. 4verse

4verse Subatomic Cosmonaut

artists vs. core gameplay? how are artists related to core gameplay mechanics?
    i also thought "fine tuning" is related to beta feedback?
    so, what exactly is being a beta-tester supposed to mean at chucklefish?
    beta day 1: beta-tester: "yes, everything seems 99% finished, game looks good".
    the day after 'beta day 1': chucklefish: "beta was fine, we release tomorrow (after we added another cool feature, of course)"
    ?

dont get me wrong, a game 99% finished (in regards to bugs) at release is great. we all want this.
    but why an beta for a game that is ready for launch?
    thats not what a beta is supposed to be - at least not in those software projects i was involved in

and early access is not a beta.
    AND early access is not what was sold for pre-order

20. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

I would certainly hope that they are making this game for themselves. That's how games should be made.
    You want a game made for you and everyone else then there is a whole stagnating AAA industry catering to you that will try to meet all your deadlines regardless of how "finished" their game is.

And it will probably come with a nice season pass so you can get all that paid dlc.

More studios need to be like Chucklefish, just sayin'.