2nd August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Ooh, I like the idea of a tier 1 livestream. :catface2:

2. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

Judging from those Grape Vines and Corn Stocks in that there green house, I'mma make me some Wine and Cornbread! *Yeeeehaaaaw*

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  3. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

How about you don't stream it and just let us try it? It's a little thing called beta. Maybe you heard of it?

4. Alan Willard

Alan Willard Void-Bound Voyager

Out of curiosity, have you guys experimented with directional lighting for the primary light source on the planets? The crepuscular rays look really good on the rising sun in that shot, and it makes me want to see the same kind of directional light occlusion for the sun, and see the 'beams' sweep across as time of day progresses.

Toryu-Mau and hazzary453 like this.
  5. Sam_

Sam_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Coming from someone who watches a lot of Youtube LPs, I get more excited to play a game when I see someone else play it first. That's one of the main reasons why I started playing MC, and later Terraria after PBat's LP started.

6. Murkiness

Murkiness Space Spelunker

Thanks for the live stream!:DD
    It looks like it is really coming together.
    Good job Chucklefish team!:chucklefish:

7. Huntar

Huntar Void-Bound Voyager

Beta when? Beta soon, Tiy? Now beta, Tiy?

killpay, LimeNP and Ghoul159 like this.
  8. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It makes me wonder though seeing the campfire(s) being on either what looks like stone/cobblestone blocks in a wooden house..... Can wooden houses catch fire....?

9. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tier 1... Tier 10. I wants it all.
    It's not easy being a collector. :cool:

10. M0du5

M0du5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That pic.
    Holy hell I can't wait to play this game.

11. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

Yes Yesssss YESSSSS!!!!! *coughs* >.> What are you looking at! Can't a man enjoy a screenshot in peace!

12. Andinicus

Andinicus Big Damn Hero

I feel a lot more confident that my crappy laptop may actually run smoothly :D.
    Thx Tiy gave me good feels.

justiceheart and GodBlock like this.
  13. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

Honestly This is going to be the greatest indie game for years to come, and tough comp. for the rest of the indie games in devolopment currently :)!
    No saying Starbound will be the only amazing indie game, but the first of it's kind :)! (other than previously terraria which has so many less countless features)

14. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

:p Ya..you should check out me and my friend's Avian temple build on Terraria, 2nd page under Starbound Fanworks (Art section), it should be there, feel free to take a look and be a critic. ;)
    Speaking of which, you should scroll to the bottom of the Forum thread post as the image is a bit clearer, and a ton better.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  15. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

16. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome news, really! :)

Also, I hope I'll never see that stream, because it will spoil all the fun of starting playing the long awaited game. Seriously, It would turn my first impressions into a turd.

Kokiris likes this.
  17. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Then why are you here getting first impressions from updates and news if its that easily ruined for ya?

18. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

News about game is way far from gameplay process of the game in my head :)

Kokiris likes this.
  19. Raphalice

Raphalice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ya know, dull or not... this is the best post i've seen in a while~

especially the parts "performance enhance" and "decrease the minimum required specs"~

Thank you chucklefish~ :rofl:

20. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Still tainting your impressions as Tiy posts video and gifs all the time. You're peeking at your Xmas presents even if your just tearing the corner here and taping it back. May as well enjoy it, or avoid it all together. ;)