29th progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ExelicaTriggerheart

ExelicaTriggerheart Astral Cartographer

Some of you say that "GTAV will come out before Starbound and I'll be too busy playing that to play Starbound" Even if it came out now some of you would just switch to playing GTAV anyways because it'd be "newer"

Honestly a good handful of the people here are stupid. Just... shut up about the god damn beta and do something else for a change.

tassina and Ecleptic like this.
  2. StarBatman

StarBatman Void-Bound Voyager

I think one of the things I'm most looking forward to is best presented in the second screenshot: clear, easy placement of walls. I can't begin to tell you how annoying it was trying to place walls in Terraria. Bloody things went all over the place. Additionally, the whole 'placing blocks in the background or foreground' technique also circumvents having to make 'wall pieces' from base materials and consistently making more or less than you need. It all draws from a single stockpile and I think that's much, much better.

3. Windwright

Windwright Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking good :D, I like how it looks

4. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Not to mention how they aesthetically are placed together, in Terraria it was quite hard to make something look good, with fore and background blocks... now it all seems very easy, I can't wait until I get my hand in some resources ingame, to build :D

Ecleptic and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Subject IX

Subject IX Master Chief

well it's because the images are wrapped inside a <a></a> element that's all :p great job on the i49 btw ^.^ wish i could be there :cry:

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. shyfulReverie

shyfulReverie Phantasmal Quasar

Glad to have the updates back, it's been a while since the last :DD

7. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Congrats on doing well at I49 and for finishing up that last biome! You guys work super hard, I'm surprised the team is already back to working on the game full time so soon after getting back from I49. That's true dedication.

The game is looking fantastic, keep up the wonderful work! :up:

tassina, Ecleptic and Axe Garian like this.
  8. Ellie

Ellie Star Wrangler

I need that creepy furniture set for my underwater base!

tassina, Lord Hatty and Osmedirez like this.
  9. Noburu

Noburu Void-Bound Voyager

Buy why is there a tent INSIDE of the house on the second pic? Is it for the kids to "camp out" in?

10. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Nice job, also seems you folk did good at i49 !

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Pronzo

Pronzo Master Chief

Why not?? :D

tassina likes this.
  12. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

gimme gimme gimme :cookie:

tassina and Ecleptic like this.
  13. hailsatyr

hailsatyr Void-Bound Voyager

guys, GTA is being released for consoles now. How many of Starbound players own consoles? I don't have a console, nor a TV.
    and how powerful are our computers to run GTAV smoothly when it comes out for PC?

14. McSkkillet

McSkkillet Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks bud for the pictures ^^

tassina and Rrueya like this.
  15. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Seconded, & SO agreed! :love:

It looks to me that the Tent is for healing up with in the absence of a Bed to use for the task. :)

New Question, & I need to Unload it before my damn Memory forgets it again: Will it be possible for Ore to generate in Background Wall behind front blocks that don't have Ore in it, thus making that Background Ore seriously hard to find... & if yes, will we eventually get some way to find such ore, like a Scanning Visor, or some such? (Heheh 'Scanning Visor'... reminds me of Star Trek: The Next Generation's Lt. Commander Geordi LaForge's Visor. :giggle:)

Plus, a Question inspired by that first Screenie: Those Doors look like they combine materials from Ore with some kinda Eyeball Materials from Eyeball Planets... this makes me wonder, will there be Recipes for exotic & hard to build stuff that uses Materials from many sources/Planets to make, thus making it viable to gather many Materials from many many places to craft stuff one would never be able to build from farming from just one planet to make really exotic creations, especially Structures? (Could be especially fun for Homeworld Construction, so your rare hard to get stuff is Homeworld Protected for safety of not losing, in addition to REALLY putting one's love into their Homeworld.)

Noburu, TsukiOkami, tassina and 4 others like this.
  16. jack2212

jack2212 Void-Bound Voyager

Loving the second image house:geek:

17. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Ahhhhh... finally my appetite for an update has been satiated... for now...

What a great update though! really glad to hear everything is back up and running after an amazing event, keep up the great work devs :up:

(P.S. Creepy eye doors FTW! :devil: )

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  18. vanbear

vanbear Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These doors... scary ;o

19. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

Yay updates! You guys waste no time getting back to work, huh? :DD

I own consoles. And I'm sure lots of other Starbound players have consoles as well. GTA is not a series I am a fan of really, but the new one looks like it would be fun to mess around in, which is all I ever really did in the old ones. Considering I only have my laptop now that my old computer died, my PS3 is really my main thing right now.
    And I may be mistaken, but is GTAV even coming to PCs?

tassina likes this.
  20. vanbear

vanbear Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if I am up to date with informations, but Rockstar was looking for devs to make it for PCs. Also, I have a console too... PSOne :rolleyes: