29th progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

REview copies are most likelysent to reviewers once the game goes Gold (no such phase in Starbound development. Going gold will coincide with release). The reviewers are usually under NDA until the release.

2. GodlikeFurry

GodlikeFurry Orbital Explorer

Love the house made of starter material and glad the updates are finally back! :p

tassina, PunishedSnake and Prymael like this.
  3. DR.BEES

DR.BEES Void-Bound Voyager

naiss

Santamunn likes this.
  4. samscale1

samscale1 Void-Bound Voyager

Are there different colours of wood I spy in the second image? I assumed wood would all be generic brown. I wish I could donate to this game. I might have missed it, but any idea how much the game will cost? And will the cost be cheaper in beta? :)

5. Lascivar

Lascivar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I pride myself on being a manly man, with the chest-pounding and all that, so I seldom use the word "pretty".. But that first picture is preeeetty.. All the new blocks and items. :)

tassina, King Leonidas and BitHorizon like this.
  6. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

You can pre-order the game for 15 USD (or more if you wish so) now. The devs are saying that after the release the price will go up.

7. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Are these pictures utilizing the new "zoom feature"? They look much sharper than most Starbound images. To my understand the zoom features still renders at the resolution you set, but moves the camera back, making everything smaller (but you can see more?). Since starbound uses pixels art, it makes those pixels smaller and sharper.

Am I correct here? Cause I really hope the final game looks as sharp as that, however I have a feeling those are just higher resolution screenshots scaled down to look better.

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  8. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

The real question is, just how much will the price go up? My guess is it'll hit 20 USD, or at the most, 25. Because some people have that whole 'aversion to buying something they don't know much about.' So maybe saving a few bucks'd be a game-changer.
    Mind you, I'm not one of those people.

9. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

It'll be $20, almost 100%. While I bought the $75 package, most people feel $25 is too much for an indie game. Even if they are typically better than AAA games, they have much less development cost.

Pretty much every indie game on steam launches at the $19.99 price point with a 20-33% discount for pre-ordering.

10. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

omg not beta release YET? troloooooooooooool

11. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

Your logic is quite sound, good sir. I'll tip my metaphorical hat to you.
    But if it ends up being even a penny more than 20$, I expect a high-five.

Ahbahl, SerinityFyre and Prymael like this.
  12. Charon

Charon Void-Bound Voyager

As Legris said, the wood is most likely painted :)

tassina and Prymael like this.
  13. Legris

Legris Starbound pixel prince Forum Administrator

It's as sharp as that, streams don't do the game justice honestly!

14. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

Wonderful to see the updates coming back. And I echo what people have said about the second picture. That roof is awesome. You guys aren't just a group of talented game designers, you're a all dandy architects as well! (Of course I mean dandy in the most positive way possible). Thanks for the update :).

tassina, Axe Garian and Prymael like this.
  15. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

read pag 2 please i have a question for you

16. darklinkrulesHyrule

darklinkrulesHyrule Aquatic Astronaut

I'm loving the door in the first screenshot. But anyway, biome polishing is always good.

17. CuckooMetal

CuckooMetal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the update Legris :), Hope i49 was more of an success then you guys were expecting!

18. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

19. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

20. MOONWELL

MOONWELL Master Chief

is there really exist starbound beta? i pre-order this game in june. when can i get beta access? plz . you driving me CRAZY