29th May - Umbrella-ella-ella

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 29, 2015.

1. rawe13

rawe13 Intergalactic Tourist

When I start with a new character I start start on the same planet. Is there a way to solve that problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1433007629][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Stupid80sComputer

Stupid80sComputer Orbital Explorer

/steamapps/common/Starbound/Giraffe_Storage/universe and then delete everything in the universe folder, after that, verify integrity of game cache. (works for me, try at your own risks)
    Edit: or don't even verify nothing maybe the game itself will create everything again

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

True, it will.

Stupid80sComputer likes this.
  4. Senver12

Senver12 Master Chief

Oh dear god. :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1433012991][/DOUBLEPOST]It would be cool if there was a parashoot

5. Sadiesaur

Sadiesaur Void-Bound Voyager

When will all of these things be added to the game? o.o

6. Zoophilian

Zoophilian Big Damn Hero

Prinny Dood.

Towerbooks3192 likes this.
  7. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

↓ ↓

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    tomatelopes likes this.
  8. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

Pkay, I'm drunk, okay, it's the night in France. Okay, I'm checking Starbound's wonders.

Stupid80sComputer likes this.
  9. Stupid80sComputer

We're all high boy :gooby:

n1t3n and doctorqueue like this.
  10. rawe13

rawe13 Intergalactic Tourist

good edvice. tnx. but what if i want to keep my last world too?

11. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Rifle with a bayonet would be more useful.

12. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

this game is gonna be so awesome... Keep it up guys :D
    (i should stream it...)

13. Stupid80sComputer

Then backup the files, sounds good.

14. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

I'm not sure where you're getting "1-2 weeks" from here, Varixai. That's not going to happen, it'll likely be a few months from now like metadept said.

15. ComicDragon7

ComicDragon7 Space Spelunker

Nice looking job on this! I hope this penguin is a relative of the one that made the mech you fought and if he is I shall await his arrival as the human mech is getting a little boring.

16. Sadiesaur

Sadiesaur Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! c:
    I'm so excited~

17. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I got it from metadept. As quoted in my post, metadept said "1 to 3 months" on May 13th. Exactly 1 month from May 13th is June 13th, which was exactly 2 weeks from my post yesterday. So, going off the only info we had, the absolute earliest we would get it was exactly 2 weeks from yesterday.

I tried to emphasize that that was just the earliest estimate by saying "at least". I also included his exact quote so people would see the "1 to 3 months", in addition to giving an explanation about just how much you guys were putting into this update and how the exact timetable depends on a great many things.

The only assumption not directly from metadept was that we would get it on unstable a week before stable release. But again that was simply the absolute earliest possibility.

Anyway, thank you for the additional information. I see that question get asked no less than once a day, so I'll take whatever information given and do my best to answer people's questions about it. (Basically, I appreciate when an official word is posted so I can quote it 30 times afterwords.)

In the future I will focus on when it is likely, instead of the earliest, to avoid confusion. (on top of quoting your post as I mentioned)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  18. UCryKilla

UCryKilla Orbital Explorer

I approve of the title

19. Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

Every time I see those penguins I want to visit their planet and show them some rough love - for invading with thier ufo. :rofl:
    Or sign some kind of peace treaty and have them as my personal bodyguards.

Curious to know if there will be a wealth of backstory for them. They are just awesome.

20. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

I hope you understand that it can be misleading to tell people the update is 1-2 weeks away though.