28th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Klobbson

Klobbson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This update really reminded me why this game will be so awesome.

2. astarteviviani

astarteviviani Tentacle Wrangler

This is so cool, when I pre-ordered I thought I would get a multi-planet 2d Minec***t or something, which is already cool, but this is becoming so much more, I'm glad you developers aren't rushing it and developing awesome stuff.

3. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Not quite fitting but default love for Warrior Within Soundtrack!

4. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

This might only be me but I would have thought that with glitch being robots they would have had a more modern/space age type of village....

but that aside it looks really cool and what makes me really excited is the way the NPC's interact with everything around them.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Subatomic Cosmonaut

How will guards work in multiplayer worlds? If my friend is a dumbass and creates a rukus like I know he will lol, am I going to be targeted by the guards? Well any way it works it going to be a blast of an experience! I hope village guards in non hostile villages are really durable!

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  6. Ignis

Ignis 2.7182818284590...

I am so incredibly pleased by the development of the villagers. I have an idea to play one of my characters like it's a regular, sidescrolling shoot'em up. Perhaps as a floran, or a glitch. Tell me, will the villagers leave bloodied corpses like in Terraria? Or will they go up in elecrified smoke like the enemies we've seen in the streams?
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for bloodied corpses...

astarteviviani likes this.
  7. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I'd been wondering about individual NPC interaction like fake speech, but I never thought they'd be this well done! Calling each other by name? Genius. Also, even though NPC quest givers can spawn travelers, it would be nice to have some randomly passing through towns... maybe even traveling the worlds too? :idea: I'm sure it would be done eventually... But to see a ragtag group of space adventurers of varying races and technologies... it would bring immersion ever deeper! :love:

tassina, Axe Garian and Klobbson like this.
  8. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

So two questions popped in to my head upon reading this update.

1. Will NPCs react to having their houses demolished?
    2. Can we steal from shops and such with appropriate repercussions?

tassina, Axe Garian and SPOOKS80 like this.
  9. Brionkendo

Brionkendo Master Chief

"IT'S BENNY HILL!"

10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

The glitch are by lore the medieval race. Haven't you read anything on them?

11. astarteviviani

astarteviviani Tentacle Wrangler

Probably the race with the most ironic lore...the Novakid's is just funny instead.

12. lizard455

lizard455 Pangalactic Porcupine

Will guards in higher leveled villages spawn with tech? that would be interesting.

13. Johnnyva

Johnnyva Void-Bound Voyager

Wow. This will be amazing. If you were to kill an NPC, would another one replace its spot over a period of time. So lets say you whipped out all the guards and left the other Town NPCs would it repopulate with more Guard NPCs?

14. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lolol looks like an old 70's cartoon show intro

15. http://starbounder.org/Glitch Read that, now you know.

Read this:
    Thought of this.

[​IMG]

Whatcha Buyin?

16. snoeppen

snoeppen Industrial Terraformer

Strange, same here :)

17. ArcLight

ArcLight Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very nice news, but any well-wishing I might make will be another echo of this tread's responses so far. I'll jsut do so anyway though :p

GREAT work so far. In short, this game keeps getting more and more awesome to me, and you don't even need to add any meaningless hype - just updating us on the constant progress does that all on it's own :D

One thing though - I noticed in the gif that the guards swing their arms when they run - noticeably their right arms - but that's also the side their spears are on, yet the spears seem to hover in place at their hips as opposed to being moved by the guard's swinging arms. If the idea is that guards with items in their hands flail the items around when running, you may want to either A) animate flailing on the spears as well or :cool: draw the spears/items on the other side of the guard's bodies so that it seems they hold their weapons leveled, yet flail the empty arms when running. Personally I'd prefer you did the latter as it seems more realistic that guards don't flail their weapons around madly when they run around, it makes them seem less professional to do that. In fact, spears being two-handed weapons for the most part, why not animate the guard's to hold the spears leveled with both hands, if they don't use the other hand for, say, a shield?

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

That gif totally reminds me of killing guards in Oblivion.. "Stop Thief!" ..."MURDERER!" etc. etc. until every guard in the city is dead...

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!

Or more fittingly, but now less known..
    "Thou wilt regret thine actions, swine!"
    That's what the guards in Ultima Online used to yell. :)

20. Aey

Aey Pangalactic Porcupine

While I love love love the Glitch village, are there.. you know.. hidden machinery type things in there? How do they repair themselves?
    Can't very well patch up a metal head with straw and stone.

Axe Garian likes this.