28th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. mooncats5

mooncats5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something I've been wondering but I'm not sure if it's been asked/addressed: will livestock in towns count as NPCs? By that I mean will NPCs get angry at me if I start killing their chickens, for example, or will they be unfazed? Not that I want to go killing cows and chickens, but it would feel a bit odd if they had no reaction at all to it.

I'm really looking forward to the AI in action, I honestly wasn't expecting this much depth!

2. Hooveh

Hooveh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Title Not Found

Farms for Glitch villages? I'm not quite sure if I follow that logic. Except if its a Matrix-like human farm for their body electricity.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

My guess is that they convert organic matter (e.g. meat and crops) into energy. That would explain why they need to consume food.

Thanel, onerb2 and tassina like this.
  5. Sklobington

Sklobington Void-Bound Voyager

Remember, these glitch still are in the medieval age. They haven't broken free of their programming. They are programmed to need everything organic life needs.

Axe Garian and Trowzers like this.
  6. Prime262

Prime262 Void-Bound Voyager

The devs seem to be going out of their way to make it possible for you to piss the NPCs off. i can already imagine accidentally hitting a villager as i try to kill some attacking wild life and getting swarmed by guards for no reason. perhaps a way to mark NPCs as friendly and make them unable to damage?

7. seanos1998

seanos1998 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

omg, these NPC's are going to be so smart they're gonna take over the game if you keep going on D:
    JK, great job it's awesome to see so smart NPC's in a game :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Make me remember skyrim...
    you accidentally kill a chicken when defending the village of a dragon and they want to kill you :sparta:
    It will be good to have an option to put quickly the weapon "off"/"on"(in a fourreau... euh, case I think in english), so less accidental hit on a villager...

Still, good update. I like the idea of village... make us feel less... alone as intelligent specie.

9. Prime262

Prime262 Void-Bound Voyager

The glitches, if i remember my lore correctly, were programmed to simulate all the nuances of human life. this is the devs way of explaining why they need food, and sleep, and heat. seems slightly flimsy to me, but im not going to go poking holes in the lore, il just be happy that i can play as a robot

Axe Garian, NovastarX and onerb2 like this.
  10. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Good work on the immersion, I miss NPCs talking between each other in games. Will we be able to see their dialogues when we approach them?

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

There have been multiple streams and videos on YouTube that are more recent that show the crafting menu and many other things. Look up Starbound Gameplay i49 on YouTube, you should find some of it. <3 :)

12. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome work! The gif looks amazing. Looks like it's pretty hard to escape from the guards!

13. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

it's good to see what the game is turning out to be. The art in this game is really amazing. Keep up with the good job :iswydt:

Axe Garian, tassina and Jonesy like this.
  14. Eatthus

Eatthus Master Chief

IMO this looks super-lovley! GJ LADIES AND GENTLEMEN :D:)

Axe Garian, tassina and Jonesy like this.
  15. Saiya Darkfire

Saiya Darkfire Industrial Terraformer

Got a question if you go in to a town and attack somone and Thay chase you if you escape when you go bk will they remember your actions and try kill you again or forget it ever Happoned ,
    Makes me think a bounty system may be cool like skyrim if you keep killing say glitch savilions you get a rep with them and the glitch then dont like you

16. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awesom gift ty i love it , another productive day in chuncklefish

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. NixeonLow

NixeonLow Astral Cartographer

Perhaps if your bounty isn't high enough to be KOS, then the villagers could make little emotes like a frowny face to show they distrust you as well? The opposite affect could be applied as well to this; if you make the villagers happy by buying lots of items or doing quests for them, then they could get excited to see you.

18. LostQuestion

LostQuestion Star Wrangler

will the act of attacking neutral npc's eventually become a conscious decision that the player makes or when you enter or are near a npc village you have to be extremely careful cause a stray shot from your gun might end up getting you murdered by the guards

ps will there be the options not to get murdered by guards if you accidentally agro them?

Axe Garian, tassina and NixeonLow like this.
  19. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Loves it! Hate to be one of those people but I need the Beta now! Mah Feels demand it!

20. Beeoneack

Beeoneack Subatomic Cosmonaut

+1 for the Benny Hill Yakety Sax reference. Instantly thought that when I saw the gif.