28th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. NixeonLow

NixeonLow Astral Cartographer

Very funny .gif, and nice work Devs! Now...to learn how to edit .gif files so I can put the text 'Nope nope nope!' into that picture...
    (First page? Hopefully first page! EDIT: D'aaaw! Ninja'd out of it by just ONE post!)

ggh325 and tassina like this.
  2. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, I'm guessing you have to run from guards for a while until you get plasma blasters...

3. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You guys are doing such a stellar job with the AI by setting such a high benchmark for the game! Thank you for taking the time to make the AI play and feel much larger than life! This is going to be one heck of a living and breathing sandbox experience! :up:

Thank you Stephen! Your handpicked touches will surely spur the NPC towns to life, making the generated output much much more awesome! :up:

4. Lazla

Lazla Phantasmal Quasar

gif seems like realistic running speed, hopefully you havent make character normal running speed much slower.

onerb2 likes this.
  5. NaniRoxy

NaniRoxy Subatomic Cosmonaut

In previous videos, and the lets play from yogscast, it showed that there is a crafting menu needed at crafting benches, anvils, furnaces, etc. You start off with basic recipes for your own race and as you explore the game you can collect more crafting recipes.

Affero, onerb2, tassina and 1 other person like this.
  6. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my lord, the mob of guards..

7. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

DARN YOU TIY! I already made my joke about how I am going to attack an avian so the guards will come at me like Cuckos.

8. Toil

Toil Void-Bound Voyager

Glitch villages are beautiful. I feel that more than half of my time playing Starbound will just be admiring scenery.

onerb2, tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  9. Chucklehead

Chucklehead Subatomic Cosmonaut

When he says travelers does it mean that we can get npcs that can follow/fight along side you?

10. Andy4767

Andy4767 Void-Bound Voyager

some one needs to edit that gif to show the folowing words: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!!!

no just me? :rofl:

onerb2 and Axe Garian like this.
  11. damagedice6

damagedice6 Void-Bound Voyager

12. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Hitting that Glitch wench seemed a good idea at the time...

DeadlyLuvdisc, onerb2 and tassina like this.
  13. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

*wrench

yes, I do in fact know how bad that joke is

Klobbson, Leak, Jhago and 6 others like this.
  14. RomyCat

RomyCat Industrial Terraformer

Love the guards chasing the player :mwahaha: Great touch.

So can I visit a village with friends, steal an object, and blame it on my friends? Love to see them being chased while I hide out some place safe while laughing at them being chased by guards. :halo:

onerb2, tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  15. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh man, these sorts of features always get me excited. It's all well and good when you can explore a game universe that's really big, but it's great when that universe feels alive. I'm glad NPCs are turning out to be more than just walking pieces of humanoid cardboard.

16. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be cool if you guys expanded on NPC jobs, like farmer, hunter, etc. (Maybe those are already in the works, idk) Anyways another great update as always! :up:

tassina likes this.
  17. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

I think during the last stream with Tiy, he said that currently village NPCs don't respawn. If you kill the entire village, then they are gone. So it's like a choice - Kill them all and take their stuff - Or - Let them live and use the shops and quests etc...

18. Timeolord

Timeolord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm going to explode in excitement for StarBound!

Axe Garian and onerb2 like this.
  19. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I wonder if we'll be able to create a Player Made Village from scratch & have NPCs populate it & then eventually have the Game Code 'recognize' it as a Village & treat it like one...? It would also be cool if ya could have Villagers that live in YOUR Village/Homeworld be safe from friendly fire. :)

onerb2 and aozgolo like this.
  20. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Guard 1: You should have paid the fine!
    Guard 2: This is the part where you fall down and bleed to death!
    Guard 3: I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
    Guard 4: Had enough yet, you pathetic worm?
    Guard 5 (lagging behind): Why... won't... you... DIEEE!?