27th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. nolan1024

nolan1024 Subatomic Cosmonaut

omagerd sterbound!!!! anyway..... im loving the villages also do some guards have melee and do some have ranged or do guards have both and can switch?

2. Leak

Leak Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, on one hand it's the sound I make when something I ate doesn't agree with me and wants back out.

On the other hand, that might actually be a good thing.

And on the third hand - I guess it's subjective... :D

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  3. Terrahero

Terrahero Cosmic Narwhal

I can understand an energy useage. Now that people made the compariosn to Terraria anyway i can say that, even tough their grappling hooks worked very well, they quickly made certain terrain and obstacles redundant. Such big progression tools that came very early on already that had no scale to it. There is nothing that kept them limited to allow for them to grow as you progressed through the game.

The utility upgrades in Terraria are, imo, a bit to binairy. Its all or nothing. You either have this very powerful tool, or you dont.

Adding an energy cost helps dial back the potency of this tool, but at the same time allow for a scaling as you progress through the tiers. For example if the energy cost was reduced from upgrades or the energy pool increased. Rather then a blank unlock, poof now you can bypass any terrain.

4. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now that I've started watching AoT I can appreciate this comment a lot.

On topic: I'm glad that things in this game are keeping away from being spam-able but also at the same time have a sort of recharge over time aspect to them. Like the ranged weapons. I think that this is a much more convenient way to go about things than to have physical ammunition crowding inventories.

tassina likes this.
  5. EnigmaticExplorer

EnigmaticExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

Update again :D thank you...

6. zibbity

zibbity Void-Bound Voyager

Eh... I don't like the idea of putting an energy restriction on the grappling hook. It was far too useful in Terraria for me to want to deal with that sort of limitation on it now. I think a better idea would just be to have it have a built in max chain speed and range, also like in Terraria. Want better speed and range? Upgrade the item.

Rin-Kin likes this.
  7. Frenzlin

Frenzlin Title Not Found

Damn. Those village towers/guards look amazing!

Fantastic job Chucklefish.

8. If you want to discuss the beta and things along those line please go to this thread -> Beta discussion thread

Jonesy and firerider521 like this.
  9. StallChaser

StallChaser Space Penguin Leader

I don't see energy cost as a problem. Energy regenerates, so it's not like you'll get permanently trapped by lack of energy. It just means you have to stay aware of energy, so you're not draining it to 0 if you know what's best for you. Also, having good game balance doesn't take away from "freedom" in a sandbox game. At least, not any more than gravity, not being able to go through solid blocks, taking damage from enemy attacks, having limited resources, etc.

Leak and tassina like this.
  10. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You missed the point try actually understanding the post before replying.

11. Spoonicorn

Spoonicorn Space Spelunker

soooo ready

12. restredainted

restredainted Phantasmal Quasar

Coincidently, that's the game I think of, everytime I hear the word Medieval.
    I also realize now that I made a Typo, Whoops!

tassina likes this.
  13. Aey

Aey Pangalactic Porcupine

It seems completely fair to have a consumable something to limit grappling. However, "Energy" reminds me of those horrible fakebook games...

I'm just going to hold out fervent hope that this "Energy" system is absolutely nothing like THOSE energy systems.

14. Frey Cloudseer

Frey Cloudseer Cosmic Narwhal

*complaint, banter banter, rant, example, counter example, enormous wordy post, obvious flame, mod post to stop flame, flame at mods, Blue's post, happy sighs*

There. Am I famous yet?

firerider521 and tassina like this.
  15. Tictaktow

Tictaktow Star Wrangler

Nice to hear from you again Tiy! :DD
    The beta is getting closer.... must have... beta......

16. Minnigin

Minnigin Phantasmal Quasar

I'm lovin the forum badge Tiy lol

17. Deldrith

Deldrith Astral Cartographer

I actually really like that the hook will have energy costs, it would be so OP if it didn't.

tassina likes this.
  18. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh here let me get my Bedar *beep beep bbeeeeep beeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* oh yep it looks like its really close -looks at the screen- Oh.... Thats for the xbox one -switches it to starbound- *beep.....Beep.....* Still sounds pretty far away try again in a month c:

19. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

Not sure if I like the grappling hook consuming energy or not, but gotta limit it somehow. Speaking of energy, will there be tech and such to increase it, permanently or otherwise?

Loving the work on NPCs! Hoping there'll be exciting territory wars and whatnut. Carry on!

20. Palacz

Palacz Void-Bound Voyager