27th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

Nice to see one of the bigger daily updates again! Nice work. :)

2. V M Smith

V M Smith Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Prime262, samufel, Sloth23 and 8 others like this.
  3. Awesome update, very informative and it's great to hear your connection is back up to snuff.

The Glitch villages are coming and looking great! It'll feel good to be amung my shiny metallic brethren, even if they call me insane and wish to inquisite me.

tassina likes this.
  4. vae

vae Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, five pages of comment regarding the power cost for the grappling hook :p

As much as I don't really like the idea of having a power cost, you have to admit it makes sense (if you guys are familiar with the "Attack on Titan" anime, they don't move around with their grapple magically, they use gaz to move around as well). Moreover, since the game will be fully modable, I'm expecting a very simple mod that changes the power cost to 0 in a matter of days, if not hours.

And thanks for the update, I like how much work is put in the NPCs :)

5. laughinstok

laughinstok Zero Gravity Genie

Its great to see that the NPCs are going well.

6. Xeryc

Xeryc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So good to see another post from you Tiy! Welcome back :)

7. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

Now too much better :D

8. prider717

prider717 Seal Broken

it will be really fun if you could raid a village if everybody is dead in the village you van like take shop items and sorts:chucklefish:

tassina likes this.
  9. petecz

petecz Star Wrangler

Looking really really good guys! Thanks for the update! :)

10. Lord Girth

Lord Girth Aquatic Astronaut

So... What is Mollygos doing then?

J/K! I couldn't resist. We all (for the most part) <3 you!

Haters gonna hate, yo.

11. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Congrats on the net Tiy, Welcome back to the internet :)

I half expected the energy cost tbh, That grapple while shooting seemed juuuust alittle too much fun without restrictions :p
    Loving them villages :)

Lord Girth and tassina like this.
  12. Immortal

Immortal Pangalactic Porcupine

IMPORTANT!
    PLEASE READ YE MIGHTY DEVELOPERS!

You know I really hate to be a nit-pick like that, but somehow a detail in the recent screenshots is really, really bothering me:
    There is a very good reason why in the history of the entire universe there never was built a fireplace and a chimney on the 2nd floor inside a wooden building.
    They always start on ground level and the chimney goes up through all floors because unlike in a tile-based game irl it would be complete madness to tightly place a cartload of heavy bricks on top of a wooden floor like that.

Wood gets weak and someday (if not immediately) it will collapse under the weight of the bricks and that would crush everything below.
    Also, since the fireplace and chimney are mainly for heating (and cooking but that's irellevant here), it makes sense to place it on the lowest floor and make the chimney pass through all the floors above instead of starting it under the roof, leaving the lower floors unheated.

13. DarkZombie

DarkZombie Title Not Found

From what I am seeing right now, including the updates from the past, this game is going to be awesome hit!

2 days ago I was with my friends for my birthday, we discussed that most games these days are becoming... crappy!

Gaming companies are putting too much emphasis on graphics, which is the "New Big Thing" in their minds, but neglecting the main aspect of a good game: The game itself!
    Sure, there have been some good games recently, but they lack the replay value that games had from the 1990s, even some of the early 2000s games.

So thumbs up for Tiy and Devs, This is a game worth waiting for!

Sarzael and tassina like this.
  14. DarkZombie

DarkZombie Title Not Found

Good observation my good man!

He is right you know.

15. Strich

Strich Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry I dont want to be the bad guy, but I have to disagree on that statement. Maybe the progress you made these days is good, I will never know that exactly.
    But compared to your goals from over one year ago, your progress is rather slow. I am neither happy nor mad about that fact, but I guess it has to be said.

I even do not bother if the game is released this year (beta stadium) or not, but I think everyone should be clear about that fact, that there aren't any Novakids, pets, fossils, Tier 3 - 10, other status effects that tempratureand oxygen (like radiation etc.), a wire system that could be called one, that anonymous module to prevent other players from mining blocks I built, Hylotl vllages,, Human background, etc etc etc etc. There are still so freakin many features waiting to be implemented, that the game, based on your real progress could not be released until Q3 next year. maybe, with much luck and many less movements from the devs, we could have a beta at the end of Q1 next year.

Dont get me wrong, I am a great fan of "it's done when it's done", and when Tiy says he need another two years, i wouldn't mind. But I am definitely not a friend of a hysterical overestimated "Progress is so fucking good, even I don't know why the game wasn't already released years ago!"," Whooo I implemented starbound 2 in starbound 1 already!!! Beta SOOON!!!"

I already hear the sound of your voices, telling me, "the community demands daily updates, what should I do? I can only show our little [<- don't forget: compared to the given goals!] progress we made"
    This is simply not true. A simple screenshots, some infos about the progress is enough, i Guess even a screenshot a day would be enough for most of us. But not that missleading "good progress". That sounds to me, as you are trying to keep the community's hopes high, so they don't get angry.
    That would happen, when people start asking, why there is no beta out yet, when you do such a great progress every day.

Nethertheless: Great Thumbs up for your work!

16. He is interacting with the members.

The game will not be released next year due to him promising this year.

He is trying to keep the members happy.

17. NotFarlong

NotFarlong Void-Bound Voyager

A female guard??? *gasp* what kind of progressive game is this!?

18. It is progress.

19. jeffhunter12

jeffhunter12 Void-Bound Voyager

Stuff looks good i really like how the house looks especially! keep up the good work

Sloth23 likes this.
  20. Tool_dc

Tool_dc Aquatic Astronaut

THANK YOU for the energy usage on the grappling hook. Please make things like the hook, or wings, or jetpacks limited in some way. The landscape is kinda useless if you can just leap and fly over any obstacle / enemy / trap...

Lord Girth and tassina like this.