27th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Kildare

Kildare Orbital Explorer

MY BETA SENSES ARE TINGLING.

AiRStrejf likes this.
  2. guntape

guntape Void-Bound Voyager

Good job tiy your making us really happy.
    like really you would do anything to make this game good;)

but get some sleep you'll need it :iswydt:

3. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Pheeew, just reading how much you again done makes me feel tired. Good job as always.

4. Shub

Shub Void-Bound Voyager

Man, we all want the game finished asap, but that doesn't mean that you should work all night. Resting is important ! I wonder if we will see descriptions like "Its a statue offzzzzzzzzzzz"

Peace.

5. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Get some sleep Tiy, jeez.

6. Trixmay988

Trixmay988 Space Penguin Leader

Could we maybe have some humanoid NPC gameplay please? I'm eager to see how the humanoid NPC's work. Great work guys!

7. domi

domi Aquatic Astronaut

You are awesome *.*

8. Lokisan

Lokisan Phantasmal Quasar

Sleep tight little prince! :zzz:

9. Kenthen

Kenthen Void-Bound Voyager

It takes some dedication to skip sleep for something as monotonous as writing a boatload of descriptions, several for the same items. Sweet dreams. :proper:

10. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

From these posts I can't really tell whether the developers are being super fast or mind numbingly slow.
    I don't know, that sound like pretty basic stuff and they're adding it just now?

Whatever, we'll get the game anyways sooner or later.
    r-right?

11. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

beta is not possible now...

12. Filipfonky

Thanks for the reliable proofed info.

EDIT: He changed it to this
    I'm sorry if I seem like I'm hating on you (I'm not), but I'd really love to know where you got that information from.
    Who knows, maybe it's actually reliable if you provide us a link.

13. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

I've taken my time looking at all the old screenshots, and I realized that...despite the incredible atmosphere, the graphics are incredibly simple, in the sense that I get the feeling they wouldn't be a burden even on an old and battered graphics card such as mine...

TheOneCalledWaffle likes this.
  14. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aw, man, I totally missed the Q&A, I wanted to ask how new wall/floor/etc materials and new weapons, tech and armors would be to mod in.

15. seevenup

seevenup Contact!

They are rigt, and to day is weekend, so get some sleep so u can go out to night :D We will survive it without Starbound beta this weekend, but next would be nice :geek:

16. Filipfonky

I don't know man. Parallax can murder your graphics card if given the chance.
    So yes, while the graphics don't look like they require too much from a PC, I think you might still need to turn something down. What are your specs?

17. hylandpad

hylandpad Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds like everything is coming together... 'beta is coming'

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

Kyren continues to work on how planets change at different levels. This is a large task because it ties into almost every part of the game. The kind of drops you find, the ore distributions, monsters and so on.

you said this in the most recent progress update, my question is: does this mean that planets or more specifically ore distributions will essentially be regenerated every time we go back to them at a higher level? or will this only apply to new planets found rather than ones previously found?

19. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Planets have 'threat levels', depending on the planet's threat level itself (1-9, 10-19, etc) changes what tier of ore or type of resources that can be found there it also adjusts the difficulty of creatures, dungeons, etc. It's not affected by how far your character has progressed. I don't believe there are character levels per say.

Kyren's just gonna make it all work.

20. A7x

A7x Orbital Explorer

TEAM George , Kyren !!!!!!

Quantum likes this.