25 September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Jrocs

Jrocs Void-Bound Voyager

awesome, just one thing. both the reaction from the guard and villager are instant, seems very unnatural. unless i guess if they are glitch which they are, but yeah, needs a tad of tweaking. oh and this brings up a though, if your fighting off attackers and a player fries a stray shot at a npc, it would be a shame if said player would be forced to become an outlaw of that village.

tassina likes this.
  2. Sklobington

Sklobington Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, what I wouldn't give for the villagers to sometimes shout "Help! I'm being repressed!". That would be amazing.

3. Rjak

Rjak Star Wrangler

Chafoux likes this.
  4. petecz

petecz Star Wrangler

Lovely update!

5. R234

R234 Contact!

That would be cool!

:idea: Oh, OH, even better; it'd be great if you could marry NPCs of the same race as you, have children with them and all that stuff!
    In fact, it'd be awesome if you could do that with other players, imagine the potential for roleplaying!

NovastarX likes this.
  6. LostQuestion

LostQuestion Star Wrangler

interesting updates as always

7. Chafoux

Chafoux Title Not Found

tassina likes this.
  8. MonkeyRaff

MonkeyRaff Tentacle Wrangler

Great work, it's moving forward!

Chafoux, this GIF is awesome! lol!
    [​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  9. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

I apologize if this has already come up but it's late and I didn't want to read through every post to check.

Will NPCs react to damage done by you intelligently? For example, if there were monsters about or maybe even attacking a villager and when you swung you happened to hit both villager and monster or say you're using a rapid fire gun and the villager happened to be in the way and took the brunt of the shots; would they understand the 'mistake' and let you continue fighting the monster? Would the guards be called immediately? Is there a middle area where you have a number of 'chances' to finish off the monster before being called on for your reckless actions?

Another question, and this is more for everyone else than me, will there be a way to kill NPCs without instant hostile reaction? Say you don't want a particular NPC around but you like all the others. Will you killing the NPC automatically make every guard/NPC of that village hostile to you? Or is there a certain range they have to be in in order to get help? Or to call for the guards, for that matter? Is there any way to perform a 'stealthy' kill?

[EDIT1] In addition to the previous statement, how long does NPC memory last? Will every crime you've ever committed, accidentally or otherwise, be permanently on your record? Are there certain crimes that can be forgiven? Would said forgivable crimes stack to a point where they must be paid off somehow? Will theft (taking/breaking items in an NPC's home) be a thing and how will it be monitored by NPCs? I can understand it could be difficult to take into account using traditional line of sight, seeing as how one could easily just build a temporary wall to block the field of view, unless building in a restricted area is punishable as well.

I'm also curious if there's any sort of respawn rate for villages that have had their occupants slain, one way or another. Will the population slowly rebuild? Or will it eventually become permanently deserted if you aren't keeping a constant eye on it?

What happens to NPCs in homes that you accidentally or purposely partially destroy, to the point that the game cannot flag the domain as 'livable' and the NPC can not longer stay there? Will the building be repaired eventually by the NPCs to make it available again? Or could you potentially just remove a few blocks from several homesteads and easily obtain an entire pre-built village all for your own? [/EDIT1]

RedFiery, Jrocs, tassina and 2 others like this.
  10. Torrle

Torrle Astral Cartographer

Great to see the game coming along!

Love those statues, too!

11. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Interesting Dungeon o;

Keep up the great work :)

12. So awesome, I cannot wait for more Hylotl lore!
    And that statue's head look weird but in a good way, reminds me of something like this:

[​IMG]

And the statues are amazing, I love it!!!

tassina likes this.
  13. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Guard will attack monsters?

14. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

Her disguise was flawed - SHE BLED!

15. jeffhunter12

jeffhunter12 Void-Bound Voyager

looks like things are progressing nicely :D the dungeon looks like itl be fun and now i have a reason not to murder every npc i find

tassina likes this.
  16. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

Ah, at least another Steven-Spielberg-I hate snakes-they're digging in the wrong spot-*whipsounds*-fan.
    If only you could have an annoying little human or glitch follow you around inside the dungeon chanting "OKIDOKI Dr [Insert name here]". I'd shoot that kid in his little smug face within seconds....

Which brings us seamlessly to our next vehicle idea.... MINING CARTS! *gasp of awe rises up from the crowd* :eek::chrono:
    After the whole dungeon is complete and you defeat the evil Mayan (i.e. Avian) heart-eating chieftain, you hop into a mine cart and ride it all the way back to the start as the tunnels collapse behind you, Indiana Jones theme chanting in 8bit and everything!

I need new pants now!

R234 likes this.
  17. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

The NPc reactions come along Pretty nicely.thats cool. I Hope the guards also react if you start to mine/destroy parts of houses,just for realism.

Also the Floran Temple statues look Pretty Intimidating. Like they want to say "You are not Welcome here. LEAF now! " but i am sure their BARK is worser then their Bite. (sorry could not resist.)

tassina likes this.
  18. Ebdac

Ebdac Star Wrangler

Please mark those dungeon pictures as spoilers... I would prefer to discover them myself and see them for the first time! :D

19. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

That is actually really nice, wow. Also nice to see an update. Looking forward to more!

20. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

Silvestre likes this.