25 September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jolijar

jolijar Master Chief

Guards buy the the bank some bonds!

<- Is having a UO moment.

2. PurelyApplied

PurelyApplied Void-Bound Voyager

Is there going to be anything akin to a PvP flag? I just know that I'm going to be "improving" a town and accidentally smack one of them. It'd be great if there was a "I'm a good guy; I don't want to murder civilians" flag.

3. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

Oh... Ok.
    Also, I love the robot lady, she looks lo beautiful in that dress...

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Wildaces22

Wildaces22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

tassina likes this.
  5. Deathgarnet

Deathgarnet Title Not Found

Loving the look on the obvious Floran Dungeon. Looks like it's gonna be my second character. Time to be a Predator !!

6. Ryanrem

Ryanrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

When i look at those statues i keep thinking they are going to start moving and try and kill me...i hope i am right.

Johnnyva, NovastarX and tassina like this.
  7. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

If I don't play human then I am playing Floran. In the end I guess I'll be like this: Human>Floran>Hylotl>Avian>Glitch>=Apex>Novakids
    I really want to see what makes each race unique so of course I'll end up playing them all but for the time being Floran and Hylotl are my favorite non-human race.
    Everything I've seen of this game so far is extremely exciting and unique. I don't see how people compare this to Starbound other than the art style (which still isn't that similar)

8. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

In Por Ylem!

9. keenow

keenow Star Wrangler

Squeeeeeee! <3
    Looks great, dev team. I look forward to assaulting a village.

10. J. Logan

J. Logan Poptop Tamer

Awesome!

11. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

Floran dungeon! I've been waiting for this!!!!

12. StallChaser

StallChaser Space Penguin Leader

Starbound: IWBTG edition.

13. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahhh. but will the guards also come into play if you dismantle their houses beneath them? Or will they be all Zelda like and just stand there and drool as you destroy all the pots, hack at their walls, steal their beds and plunder their love letters.

Hmm.. for that matter, can we burn down a wooden city? I dont think i've seen fire used in such a way yet?

Renlou and keenow like this.
  14. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Has anyone noticed the guard had the "crazy-eye" Glitch head? I love that, it's perfect.

15. Crymaw

Crymaw Void-Bound Voyager

Keep up the great work guys! It looks like everything is turning out nicely.

One thing worth mentioning though: I know those NPCs are robots, but that guard responded a little too quickly maybe - he was shooting at you the instant your sword touched the villager! Maybe he saw the whole thing happening though...

16. Bek

Bek Orbital Explorer

Definitely want a way to reliably avoid friendly fire if there's going to be villagers and guards. Especially if there's going to be enemies that can get into populated areas. In such a situation, friendly fire is MUCH more of an issue in a 2D game than a 3D one. Maybe think about how easy you want to make it to accidentally make settlements hostile.

17. YumYumKittyloaf

YumYumKittyloaf Subatomic Cosmonaut

It looks kind of wacky how quickly she runs away. Maybe it's the knockback from the weapon.

18. laughinstok

laughinstok Zero Gravity Genie

Is it wrong that I find that gif kind of funny?

clevernamegoeshere likes this.
  19. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an alien sloth bite in the knee."

Johnnyva likes this.
  20. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

very awesome , the npc sistem is very cool but the dungeon look is very very awesome thx molly for the update