24th September Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the update Molly! The AI really seems like the final piece of the puzzle! One of the most challenging, and yet the most satisfying one as well! All the best in its development guys! I can't wait to see those adorable humanoids just strolling along and tinkering about, breathing life into Starbound! :DD

Belgoliad and tassina like this.
  2. Garath

Garath Void-Bound Voyager

ooo! very nice, I like the bed and those houses neat! yes that bed looks very nice, *lays down on it* very comfy...so sleepy...hmmm...zzzzzzz

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  3. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Good to know.
    A good AI make us more... in the game...
    It is a really difficult part so I wish you luck about that.

Also, ores generation is not to neglect, it can change a lot of the difficulty of the game.
    If they are too rare, it is make it difficult to have a good equipment...
    too much, it is too easy and it becoming boring more quickly (less challenge).

Continue your good work. We are all with you.

Leather Rabbit, tassina and greenman like this.
  4. R234

R234 Contact!

Great to see the NPCs are coming along nicely.

Also, is that some sort of backless one piece swimsuit the girl on the left is wearing? Do want! :love:

5. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Subatomic Cosmonaut

So the NPCs won't just stand around endlessly telling you about how much they like shorts? exciting!

Leather Rabbit and tassina like this.
  6. QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've never gotten into modding in any games. In fact, I haven't written a single line of code that was "video game related" since high school. These updates make me not only want to mod, but also quit my job and become a game developer. Does chucklefish need a physicist with no game development experience?

7. PhancyBear

PhancyBear Subatomic Cosmonaut

YAY:) updates are happening again:)

8. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice update. Always interesting to see some of the process behind the game. That bed looks cool as well, makes me wonder what other mini-biome furniture there'll be.

9. Talnochan

Talnochan Void-Bound Voyager

Dear All the Devs,
    I hope you guys realize how much this community appreciates your open-ness. The reason I say this is because of the frequent posts questioning you guys and what you do. Thank you so much for daily updates, which are a true privilege. Although there are people who question you a lot and I know it gets on yall's nerves, you guys have more patience in one finger than I do in my whole body, and I truly respect that. Thanks so much for putting your time into getting us an awesome game as soon as possible!

10. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

yes a big update

Maverickwolf and Leather Rabbit like this.
  11. EnigmaticExplorer

EnigmaticExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

Ah finally an update... :) thank you... I really like this update because the NPCs will not be too boring or dull, seeing those coding and scripts made me want to test out or experiment the potential of NPCs AI when the beta is released. For me i really like interactivity in a game and the sense of artificial intelligence working in a game, it improves the gameplay and it makes me get more immersed and interested as i play.

12. Nixeras

Nixeras Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know I have to wonder...will we be able to murder friendly npcs?

13. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

I'm hoping that if an NPC dislikes you enough it will come after you at night.

14. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The AI sounds awesome! I'm diggin' all of the furniture/other placed items, however; will they only be able to be placed on angles, or would we be able to 'rotate' them to several different positions?

15. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Looking awesome. Seems alot of games these days use lua I know Don't Starve doesn't and I have a basic grasp on that so converting my knowledge over shouldn't be to hard ^_^

16. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

Im not really happy about this update ._. ... i mean granted im glad they did infact give us an update BUT i mean we went for ages without an actual update and THIS is all we got ._.

also im not very happy about not getting a beta b4 the Terraria update since that means they might release it say a week after the update and ill have to split my time between the 2 games which will be very annoying.

17. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

Thank you Molly for this update.

Exxil3d and Leather Rabbit like this.
  18. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

Ah yes, something to appease the people who are hard to appease.
    (I am not one of these.)

EDIT: Or, as it would seem, an update that can't appease the hard to appease. Which is a shame, because updates aren't something they have to do, any anything is rad and totally for our bennies. :U

Peelz, Leather Rabbit and tassina like this.
  19. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

Holy cow! Talk about a content full update! This is my favorite update in a very very long time. Nice to see some of that code for NPCs. Great work guys. You've only increased my appetite for the game. Great job, seriously. Love this stuff.

Also, bed. Flowery bed. Flowery minibiome bed. :love:
    Thank you. :love:

tassina and Belgoliad like this.
  20. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

But.. but... they're working on the game! Isn't this what people want to see? NPC generation seems pretty important. It's cool that they're showing us how it works.