24th September Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

That is a neat looking village.

Yay Starbound :DD

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

What? Did you think they were gone forever?

And that is a very interesting village. Looks very good.

3. destrozates

destrozates Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent Guys!!! Congrats and keep up with the outstanding performance.!!!!

4. Bazoril

Bazoril Void-Bound Voyager

Now who's curious about the blacksmith stuffs?

Leather Rabbit, Jonesy and tassina like this.
  5. cheebamane

cheebamane Subatomic Cosmonaut

that bed looks cozy

RicardRC and Leather Rabbit like this.
  6. WTFtimmy124

WTFtimmy124 Title Not Found

im back for updates lol i mean comments
    great update

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  7. hybrid

hybrid Void-Bound Voyager

yay

an update but are we expecting both beta and full in the next to months of the year and can we get a rough estamet of what month the beta is coming out i am horid at waiting :p <- look its a thing

8. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

NPC AI More like Ay, I really like that NPC AI. Yeah.

9. hybrid

i cantp spell at all can i

10. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh hey updates are back yay! What's this with code you say? By golly that's wonderful and with such nice hats too. Awesome work guys keep up the good work.

Leather Rabbit and tassina like this.
  11. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you could always edit it

12. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Good AI is always a big plus in my book!

Edit: Oh yeah, maybe get the residents react if you destroy blocks, take items from chests or storage, or block their homes with blocks, or even place new ones down without permission? Like maybe remove your placed blocks, or attempt to warn you, then attempt to kill you if you keep it up?

13. XSpearPillarX

XSpearPillarX Orbital Explorer

Man, they sure are working their butts off on this game! I mean look at it! It's so beautiful :cry:

With all of the stuff they put in the game and are still working on, I think I can safely say for myself that this is one of those games that are WELL worth the wait! :up:

14. hybrid

i am to lazy

15. NPC AI is really great, hope we can achieve great stuff with it, and get even to NPCs be capable to then when/if we get to create our own adventure "maps" as challenges get all sorted for awesome RP experiences. :lolwut:

16. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks Molly and Dev team. Some of the posts on these forums have been really a downer with all of their criticism etc. I'm glad to have a nice, informative and cheery update from you, Molly, to hopefully bring peace back to the forum-verse.

Things are looking great with the game. Keep up the good work guys.

17. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope that you'll get all these NPCs done soon enough, so you won't feel lonely anymore while doing all those in-game test runs! :D

18. gokkan

gokkan Aquatic Astronaut

I think this was a great update. First it doesn't mind getting into the guts of things. I understand some people don't get it, but there are those of us who do, and we really appreciate the glimpse "under the hood." It also raises some interesting possibilities for modding...

Second, it addresses the beta. This helps give a glimpse into what CF's definition of "ready for beta" means. I know they said "T1 to T3," but that still felt rather vague and I didn't understand how all the latest stuff fits into the scheme of things. The definition still is vague (and probably should be), but this helps explain a bit more, and I appreciate that.

If I could offer a quick suggestion, I don't feel that the adjective "daily" in daily updates need to describe the content, only the frequency. I don't know what Molly's schedule is like (and probably don't want to know), but I wouldn't enjoy begging a dozen developers at 1AM for some scraps of information to post every day. Perhaps if you just pulled together a list of things/GIFs/screenshots/tidbits to post, you could pull off an item or two every day for the update. Things can be months old and I probably wouldn't notice. Then if something really cool comes in, you can add that to the post of the day. Also, if you set a deadline and something comes in late, you'll just have something for the next day! Not sure if that makes sense, but take it for what it's worth. I'm super excited for Starbound come out in any case.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

19. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

I understand none of this! :DD Yay!

NovastarX, Leather Rabbit and tassina like this.
  20. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Translation: Progress! Specifically, progress in regards to how NPC's are procedurally generated. What they look like, what they're wearing, what items they have, how the act, etc!