24th September Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 25, 2013.

1. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I did some smart things in Google and somehow managed to find it! [​IMG]
    Well, green and blue, but I was close! ...this thread got away from me. Though I could tie it in by wondering if NPCs can claim ownership of planetary monsters. After all, they have mounts (if you all remember from way back when Starbound first started posting). It would be awesome for some guards to patrol on said mounts, for NPCs to have tamed monsters and pets, and for players to be able to purchase/quest for said monsters. There's even the suggestion of NPCs to have exotic (non-terrestrial/extraterrestrial) monsters of their averaged levels. :idea:

2. Johnnyva

Johnnyva Void-Bound Voyager

This might be a little bit off topic, but the idea came about when looking at the bed (Think its a bed). Well anyhoo.

(Bed I think)
    http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/giantflowerbed.png

Just an Idea:
    Would it be possible to see electrical outlets for the robot (class) so instead of them laying in a bed they can "plug themselves into an outlet" and Charge (Rest). That would look awesome!

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=7979d33a-51ff-4c56-aa59-c7e49332a181
    Thanks Google Images!

3. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

Don't apologize for your nationailty. Your country has a lot to give.

In Britain the plural of lego is lego or the plural of the type of lego you're using so:

"Going to the lego shop today. I'm going to buy lots and lots of lego"

"You going to get the Harry Potter set?"

"No just lots of lego bricks"

There's no wrong or right in English V American. Just two countries divided by a common language. It's like the whole burglarize thing.

So you start with the verb "To burgle" and then from that the noun "burglar" comes and then from THAT someone (and I initially thought it was definitely America) made the verb "burglarize".

So like I said. I THOUGHT it was America who came up with "Burglarize" but then I came across its use in a British drama about the Victorian era in Britain. SO I thought "Tsk, they've Americanized it. Surely they know that the word is 'burgle'", then I checked to be sure and apparently back then WE (Britain) were using Burglarize - as well as Burgle (typical English speaker attitude. Why have just one word for something when you can have more) and indeed so was America. We kept one. You kept both - however you tend to use the one we don't more.

NovastarX likes this.
  4. TheDYLAN2000

TheDYLAN2000 Void-Bound Voyager

The bed looks like a sideways hamburger bed. :D

5. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

*incertplughere*