24th of June, 2014: More Terramart Stuff.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 24, 2014.

1. r0gue_rob0t

r0gue_rob0t Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love it - especially the Floran. I don't mind the Avian's animations looking simpler than the rest - it makes her look relaxed, not as excited as some of the others, but still friendly.

2. Nynjah

Nynjah Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like the Floran should do something more intimidating, like flash a smile full of sharp teeth or something. The current animation looks too friendly.:badpokerface:

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oldest trick in the book.

Heartstrings and kikinaak like this.
  4. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

I think I look forward to your awesome sprites more than other updates, ahem...

NovastarX likes this.
  5. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Then the next customer comes by and finds a new tree sapling in stock that grows into a tree that consist of a pillar of bones for it's trunk (often found in arid biomes) and pink brains as the foliage on the branches. :rofl:

6. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

That first shopkeeper is going ape.

7. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Thats awesome!
    The avian is a little dull in comparison though.
    Nice work artists...

8. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

You can't really use Hylotl fishing as an example here. The Hylotl culture is too vastly different. They evolved around sea-life and grew to love it, eating only plants and respecting the creatures around them. Florans invading forced them offworld and, thus, made them omnivorous.. but that doesn't mean they don't still feel kinship toward fish. If you examine the aquarium with a small goldfish in it, found in Apex apartments, as a Hylotl you'll get something similar to "One day I will free you, Brother". That suggests, to me, that they see aquatic life as a close relation to themselves, or at least the same way we view cats or dogs.

Would you butcher a cat or dog? Sell its parts? It's not the same.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There are certainly cultures infamous for the killing, preparation, and eating of cats and/or dogs.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  10. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

That's true, but the fact they're infamous for it proves it's distasteful.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not to them it ain't.

12. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

But to everyone else, it is.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Then one or both of us is missing the point.

14. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

In an attempt to get things back on topic, something I hope for with the Terramart merchants is having them sell saplings that have certain bark/foliage combinations that would difficult (if not impossible) in normal world generation, like metal-looking bark with eyeball foliage.

15. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

The point is that Hylotl may not feel comfortable eating other fish, but would be fine eating land-dwelling alien meat.

Also, you missed my pun earlier. Distasteful.. get it? They think it's gross and don't like eating it.. disTASTEful..

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You remind me of one of my neighbors. His puns are... rather similar.

Also, metal bark with eyeball foliage is weird, yo!

17. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

That would be a neat thing to have. After all, you glitch sure do love eyeballs.

*cough* high tier glitch armour *cough*

18. locustgate

locustgate Big Damn Hero

So what does Terramart sell?
    Would you but something from her then?
    "I lured the little birdy in with a piece of bread then I bashed his head in with a piece of lead"

19. Kozakana

Kozakana Poptop Tamer

Farming supplies.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Are you sure?
    Doesn't have to be farming supplies.