23rd September - One-Winged Apex

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Taxle

Taxle Void-Bound Voyager

Very much like Link in super smash bros.! cool stuff!

2. Lazi

Lazi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It reminds me more of Link than Sephiroth, but still very cool!

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I know it's no use but I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

If the attack looks OP, that's because they clearly have /admin mode on so there's no energy drain.

4. McWhite

McWhite Void-Bound Voyager

Reminds me the most of Rogue Legacy or Shovel Knight.

5. konjarr

konjarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeap, Sephiroth

Attached Files:

6. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

*begins humming Strike the Earth loudly*

Ludovic likes this.
  7. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

One question: Are these special attacks moddable? I mean, would there be a possibility to add new attacks by mods, and how hard would it be?

ZomifiedHam likes this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Those are two maybe three questions actually. And the answers are "yes", "yes", and "depends on a bunch of things such as intent and skill".

9. Nihil K'ri

Nihil K'ri Void-Bound Voyager

Once racial armor bonuses are in, this would be very useful on my avian. The bounce plus the glide would produce high levels of aerial combat ability.

10. Nekobi

Nekobi Void-Bound Voyager

This looks really funny, it's very different from other attacks! xD

But I mean, seriously, add more health to monsters, they die too quickly, the combats would be interesting only if the combats themselves are long enough to enjoy them.

Also, I think you should consider about removing the little sound that make monsters when they detect the player, I think it's helping the player too much by letting him know that he's targeted, even in the dark. If monsters could target a player silently, it would be more funny to see a monster coming out of nowhere to attack you!
    (I agree to say that it prevent the player to die in a few seconds because the monsters could kill you quickly. But health bars for the players and the monsters are too tiny, improve the health bars and adding more health to everything would make the game more competitive and remove the "kill in 2 seconds or be killed in 2 seconds" thing.)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

My word! Looks like the remake's coming along nicely, even with the aformentioned drastic changes to combat!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  12. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

A longsword-like weapon with a pogo effect... I don't have the image of Sephiroth in my head. Instead I picture Yoshimitsu from Tekken/SoulCalibur. :rofl:

13. Tomas Swageroni

Tomas Swageroni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sharpen dy shovel

jasonzoo123 and K24Raver like this.
  14. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

The McDuck Special!

OmniGeoff and Space_explorer like this.
  15. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

This "Are these special attacks moddable?" was the main question which could be interpreted in different ways, the other two are just there to show what exactly I meant by this question.
    But that doesn't matter, thank you for answering.

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This posting proves Molly's hip with all the cool kids.Ax Battler would be proud.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  17. Psyfun

Psyfun Void-Bound Voyager

Does/will gravity effect the damage done?

Korano25 and n1t3n like this.
  18. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Any specials can be done on the one-hands? Like they can be charged like Staves for alternate attacks?

19. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Practical or not, that looks like a lot of fun! :)

I'm curious, though.
    With 2-handed swords already having the block function does this mean that the special abilities go weapon-by-weapon rather than by weapon type?

Hatsya Souji likes this.