23 January 2015 - A busy week!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

How does basically everything about Kluex make sense in a sci-fi game?

Don't answer that -- just go watch any Bajor-heavy episode of Star Trek DS9.

RatixFarrence likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

We've had worse. But we don't speak of the dark times.

*eyes glaze over into thousand-yard stare*

Ravager, Zouleena, Treequil and 11 others like this.
  3. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks awesome, and I really enjoy the new breakable rocks...always good to get ore a little easier. Also really enjoying what I'm seeing coming down the pipes for the new keybinding menu...

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but has anyone else run into issues trying to run a server on the nightly builds? I've verified everything I found in the Starbounder instructions and forum, but I keep getting this:

[20:04:33.287] Info: accept from 192.168.0.21:54987 (348)
    [20:04:33.288] Info: UniverseServer: Connection received from: 192.168.0.21:54987
    [20:04:33.289] Info: UniverseServer: client connection made from 192.168.0.21:54987
    [20:04:33.326] Warn: I/O error from 192.168.0.21:54987 in NetSocket read loop or device closed: (IOException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull
    [20:05:13.290] Warn: UniverseServer: client connection aborted

4. Jedi65

Jedi65 Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else think the first giant monster attack could double as a digging animation? As in, a monster that busts through walls and structures in an attempt to eat it's prey?

Just putting that out there...[DOUBLEPOST=1422160640][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The trick is to not worry about pixels on the first planet, and set up all your initial crafting gear on your ship. That way yo aren't leaving anything behind when you up and look for a cooler home.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  5. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome job!

6. Jedi65

Jedi65 Void-Bound Voyager

In the infinite vastness of space, why wouldn't there be some sort of alien bone dragon? In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy there's a planet populated by sentient mattresses, and the game Cricket is secretly based on the intergalactic version of the Holocaust. I rather think a bone dragon is called for... :rofl:

Khuur, Colaymorak, Ravager and 2 others like this.
  7. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Maybe wood or dirt structures but nothing remotely solid......it wouldn't be a bright idea to spawn things that can destroy the player's structures. But it would also just be a generally bad idea altogether because you really don't want these things to carve through mountains and create other chaos on the terrain.....especially if they'll respawn at any point.

8. Treequil

Treequil Aquatic Astronaut

Well, yeah I get that and it's what I do, but my problem was more that when I start a game I have to resist the urge to build for several hours to get through the tut and dig to the center of the planet, which is just slightly really boring as there's no danger on the starting planet except maybe drowning (which kinda just adds to the lull of getting to the bottom just to leave, "ohp, gotta stop digging and breathe")... And then since I don't want to spend even longer going back up I intentionally die/save and quit... And only sometimes continue since at that point I'm looking for something else to do. owo;

I just think it would be nicer if the core pieces would be a little higher up (maybe even in teleport to ship range or just under that?), since in my knowledge they're not used anywhere else except in the "apparent intro to digging"... I mean if there was a boss or something to get before the core fragments then sure, I just think that particular quest bit is a little dull to be an intro... o.o;
    Just a suggestion though, not like I'm fighting about this or anything. Just that, to me, core fragment digging intro is kinda long and tedious... x.x;

9. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not at my PC to run the latest nightly build, but I can tell that adding breakable rocks/terrain would be a great addition, especially for missions.

Ravager and benignInferno like this.
  10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They are called CORE pieces >_> as in PLANET CORE.

11. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

imagine that mini boss as a pet >.<

Ravager and DarthTrethon like this.
  12. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I can imagine quite a bit....I hope CF end up providing support for bosses and mini-bosses to be captured as pets.....either that or I hope the modders figure out a way to make it happen.

velkos4ever likes this.
  13. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

I could imagine the amount of lag I will be getting when encountering these monstrocities.

My CPU makes me cry everytiem :c

Still love them though, sort of similiar to the Epic creatures in Spore.

14. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

I would not be suprised to see a murder bunny mini boss jump out from a pot. :D
    I doubt size alone, will seperate the mini bosses.

Treequil, Morzan and Kawa like this.
  15. Treequil

Treequil Aquatic Astronaut

But it's in the intro, and it's tedious... q.q

Mine would block things until I allowed the router through the network blabitty-blah (basically use your own IP address as an URL in a webpage and you'll find the settings, most often admin is admin and PW is self explanatory unless you've changed it), click on port forwarding / port triggering and allow the port 21025 (unless it has changed since I did it, am waiting for the holy trinity update to host again). gl~ owo
    If that's not it then it might just be the nightlies... :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  16. WarriorOfLight

WarriorOfLight Space Spelunker

Can't wait for a stable build! I am going to buy this game in a week! Keep up the amazing work developers!!!

17. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why does that giant boss have two right hands? ;v

18. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

It is not a normal lantern. it is a rare hand lantern.

19. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

If you're talking about the giant bipedal dinosaur thing... it doesn't? I took a close look at it, and it definitely looks like it does have a left and right claw.

20. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder what Dragonith's reaction is towards giant monsters. There's some great art oppurtunities there.