22nd October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Minihax

Minihax Pangalactic Porcupine

Perhaps. Simply, perhaps.

Most likely, I would bring them all in dead, because I am horrible at persuasion.

2. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Don't need persuasion if you have sleep gas grenades.

3. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

...Or free XXX magazines to share in exchange for cooperation :p

4. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Same for me to be honest, maybe it was because of the game itself, there weren't really times where you would have to wait, and during those times (sleep, wait) you couldn't read a book or something.

In StarBound I imagine you'd have to wait for stuff to cook, or for other stuff that requires some time. During nights this means you'd either have to work on your home in the meantime or just simply wait => perfect time to read some lore.

nozaj_darkcaster likes this.
  5. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Man, if you guys find the Lore books in Skyrim interesting, take a trip to your local Elder Scrolls Lore Wiki. The Elder Scrolls series (of which Skyrim is Game Number 5) has outrageously deep lore.

Pingeh likes this.
  6. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

It seems to me, that they are hunting out glitch that have gained the ability to understand things beyond their limitations due to the glitch in their system.

7. DoktorKot

DoktorKot Master Chief

I wonder if there will be any possibility to add(not replace) own created items, mechanisms, books, pictures, weapons, pets, enemies and so on?
    If it will be implemented, then will it be possible to share instantly with all other game owners that are online, like live-update?

UPD: it may be possible to use torrent-like update system.
    For example there can be only one official tracker(so that there will be the stuff that only developers approved) and all online game owners can act like seed and thus almost instantly keep freshly created quests/items/weapons up-to-date.

P.S. if I came with some sort of idea, everyone is welcome to share it further to StarBound's developers or in other games. IMHO there should be NO private property(or patents) for ideas, but private property and patents should be only for "how it is made".

8. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

A torrent based system of system updates (with different seeds such as Official, DoktorKot's Doktor Office, Hazmat's Bunker, etc) might actually be a very interesting way to distribute updates and mods...

(And I agree with you on patents, for the most part.)

DoktorKot likes this.
  9. Minihax

Minihax Pangalactic Porcupine

I also tend not to use any non-leathal weaponry.

10. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

It's sort of a joke, if the posts were almost completely off topic.

Hazmat likes this.
  11. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait a minute... What happened to the 21st's progress? :wut:

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

Is this what programmers think when they're down about bugs in the code?

THESE AREN'T THE GLITCHES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Ferrettomato likes this.
  13. AzyPZero

AzyPZero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

>Hewlett Deckard

14. Razey

Razey The One Who Writes (Starbound)

Hi! Glad to see the reaction to the lore's so positive. Not been active on the forum yet, mainly cos I've been writing lore all the time, but yeah. :D For the people hoping for a LOT of lore to read through... hopefully you'll be in for a treat. :alien:

Also, xnez: Nah it's nothing like that whatsoever, every piece of lore is individually written, and every dungeon type has unique stories to discover.

15. demensia

demensia Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think he is being played as a pawn to another persons hands.

16. Xddisni

Xddisni Void-Bound Voyager

nice, lore :up: