22nd July More Novakids and progression

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread to see if this has been mentioned, and I haven't played the nightlies to see if this has already been implemented, but I think Humans and Apex should get gun crafting from the get-go, too. It doesn't make sense that these two advanced civilizations can't craft guns immediately, but a bunch of star kids can. For all the other races, it makes sense IMHO that it takes them a while to research firearms.

2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

The way I see it, it's just that gunsmithing isn't a widespread practice among other races.

The novakids, given that they are based on old western spaghetti stuff, have gunsmithing as one of their core professions.

Edit: reflecting on this matter, I think that, at the very least, there should be a gun stored in the ship's locker for humans (theirs are a military ship) and apex (I don't think swords are much of a threat against the technological supremacy of the miniknog).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Kawa likes this.
  3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

... It can't be that insular. It lets stinkin' visible light through. We're talking about pretty low energy stuff, here.
    Now that I think about it, that has nothing to do with heat; "electromagnetic radiation is not deflected" would be a better way to put it. Conduction, I suppose, is the current topic of debate.
    But then... Radiation's pretty powerful too, so...

:disshappy:

:fireball:

4. BloodyFingers

To be honest I try to cope with it by assuming they are all fizzy nuka-cola quantum bottled in a bioplastic sack...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. Type1Ninja

Seems legit.

Speaking of Fallout, Steam reviews are great.

"I drank from a toilet until I died of radiation poisoning 10/10"
    Quite accurate, but not worded particularly eloquently. :lickitung:

BloodyFingers likes this.
  6. BloodyFingers

I know, right?
    Now imagine how he would react were he to play Fallout 1/2...

"You can drive a Super sledgehammer up a child's crotch so hard you send him flying across the map..."

:lod:

daf** did I just wrote...

err... slightly more on topic, has anyone that plays the nightlies ever seen a Novakid settlement? Did anyone came across a novakid peddler? I want to know if it is possible to acquire novakid gear or blueprints without rolling a novakid character.

7. Type1Ninja

I think you forgot the "11/10 IGN" bit. ;)

And no, to my knowledge, there are no Novakid NPCs of any kind currently in Starbound. Metadept did summon Computer Satan and sell him his soul to make computer go program new cave stuff recently, and there's been other cool stuff, but/so I don't think there's any Novakid peeps wandering around. Then again, I haven't played the nightlies, so I wouldn't know. :p