21st July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Krebtron

Krebtron Subatomic Cosmonaut

2. jcklsldr

jcklsldr Void-Bound Voyager

dat axe

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Subatomic Cosmonaut

can we please help you test the game now, you don't have to have the game so perfect for a beta o.o it is beta after all, its meant for us to find bugs, stretch the servers, see how intuitive the game and its UI is, and give our input on what the game lacks. It is a sneak peak at the game but that is not the purpose of a beta. Lol but I understand you're just perfectionists I JUST CAN'T WAIT :p Starbound is going to be the best thing since... well idk, nothing compares. :megusta:

4. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That farm looks really cozy. I like how the survival portion in the early game is looking so far, I almost forget that there's a whole galaxy of stuff to find on top of all this stuff.

Toryu-Mau, Queritass and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nice work

Queritass and Axe Garian like this.
  6. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

That farm looks very quaint. That biome its in is a jungle? Looks that way. Now i'm kind of torn between building a base hidden deep within a forboding, carnivorous jungle and a barren, moon-like, skull-planet shrouded in darkness. Well, only one thing to do! I officially request the ability to do both! Would that be possible, actually? When we start terraforming, how much variety can a single world have? Can we create specific biomes? Like a deep, primeval jungle surrounded by vast swathes of dusty, moonscape dunes....full of giant bones. The bones of....sand dragons. I could probably build a fairly decent boneyard out of pale-colored blocks. But that's neither here nor there. Regardless, the game is looking fantastic as it gets nearer to completion.

7. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16 starting recipes per race is a lot more than what I was expecting. I would have guessed half of that at most. Makes me wonder how many total recipes there will be if we're starting off with a decent amount already!

Stop begging.
    The game is not in beta until it is feature complete. Obviously since they still have plenty of things to implement that is not the case. There is no chance that we will get to touch the game any sooner until the beta is released so there's no point in asking. I'm sure the devs are tired of seeing people begging in every single progress update thread too. You'll have to remain patient.

8. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Have they said how easy or hard is it to get started farming yet? Is this going to be something available to us from the start once we find some seeds(are they common?), or something we will have to work toward getting a few tools for with more basic food from animal drops sustaining us till we do?

Toryu-Mau, Menasor and Axe Garian like this.
  9. Corpj123

Corpj123 Starship Captain

Some really great screen shots. Everything is really coming together. Even on weekends you work on it :) It'll be ready in time, and when it is time, it's gonna be great. I know it.

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  10. Krebtron

Krebtron Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is awesome.

I recommend you guys skip a day with regard to update.

Even though I drool over every additionalu datum... I don't feel entitled. Take a rest!

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

First comment!

Edit: Damn you internet explorer

Edit#2: Lamest joke I've ever had.

Toryu-Mau, Queritass and tassina like this.
  12. magnus_vir

magnus_vir Aquatic Astronaut

i like those goggles on that girl's head.

Queritass likes this.
  13. Oudech

Oudech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another surprisingly great update for a weekend!
    The game's looking better and better!
    Oh, and dat pizza slice :megusta:

Queritass and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Kroghammer

Kroghammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Think it heals you... or heals you completely... saw that somewhere but can't remember the reference.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to om nom nom on Molly's cake baking skills! :p

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  16. ghostyTrickster

ghostyTrickster Void-Bound Voyager

I have never heard of canned meatballs. 2/10 game for being historically inaccurate.

17. Geminisparks

Geminisparks Orbital Explorer

Cant wait To get to space!

Bourak_1 and krebtron like this.
  18. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Ok.

Cool update anyways.

Sheerhatred and Zincuable like this.
  19. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Void-Bound Voyager

What about Chef Boyarde's Spaghetti and Meatballs? Those are canned.

RomyCat and Ammonite like this.
  20. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar