20th February Blog post

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Feb 20, 2014.

1. hrafnkel

hrafnkel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Let's remember that last little "no more changelogs" section of this blog post as the moment when Chucklefish made the public announcement that early access had nothing to do with beta testing, and everything to do with a CF stimulus package. Pretty obvious they don't actually care what's tested and what isn't. Enjoy the money guys, glad it went into decorating an office instead of tangible progress on the product we all bought.

Frigglish likes this.
  2. mawihtec

mawihtec Zero Gravity Genie

great work guys looking foreward to discovering new things btw love the dividers where are they from they are soooo coool

3. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hm, well I do agree they could hire a few additional professional testers and coders to avoid bugs and speed up development at this point.

Frigglish likes this.
  4. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Because having an office, to increase productivity and ease communication lines between devs is such an intangible process into furthering the game we all bought.

Leak, Kabu, LordLyciaX and 1 other person like this.
  5. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

i've been over both of your points in prior threads. the actual value gained by an office in these areas is questionable. especially if you factor in the cost. not just of money, but on people and time.

oh well, i guess you're only young once.

6. LordLyciaX

LordLyciaX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My brain may not be functioning very well this early in the morning, but, are you seriously questioning/doubting the value of the entire team in one building?

Kabu and Jonesy like this.
  7. joriandrake

Attractiveness is relative, cheapness not so much. o_O

8. YoAdrian

YoAdrian Lucky Number 13

I would really advise against going with those wall dividers.

They are too distracting, your brain will soon tire of them and they will begin to feel oppressive, there is a reason most office have neutral single toned walls or partitions.

9. sunkilledme

sunkilledme Orbital Explorer

:chucklefish:good job!! keep posting like you did before the beta release :up:

10. joriandrake

Worse: we may see that kind of design suddenly everywhere in the galaxy of the next game patch :rofl:

11. Blue

Blue Former Staff

I personally hope that while they won't list every item separately in a content change-log, which is fine, I would at least like to see something like...

EXAMPLE.
    Added 12 biomes.
    Added 20 gun parts.
    Added 1 new non playable race.

This way we at least have an idea where to look for new stuff.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Uxt and Svarr Chanston like this.
  12. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

"These content only updates won’t increase the version number, so modders don’t need to worry about continuously updating their mods."

All hail Chucklefish! <3

13. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

yes. nevermind the fact that not the whole team is there (at least one team member is not moving). the only thing gained, really, is a warm fuzzy feeling. everything that can be done face to face can be done remotely - with far less cost of money, time, and people.

14. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

When will deactivate lights be implemented? They seem like a logical and easy thing to add in.
    The other thing that seems like it should use some fixing up is making 2 person chairs and benches. :p
    Also, is make it so that we could get into a bath or turn on the shower a possibility?

15. LordLyciaX

Haha, okay, go think what you want to think. Having to bother setting up communications for the smallest, stupidest of details where the team needs to be on the same page, is DISRUPTIVE. Mind you, I'm not really trying to convince your bitter opinion otherwise, just me barking more. Perhaps I can send you some cheese to go with what you've got?

Kabu likes this.
  16. Frigglish

Frigglish Space Penguin Leader

You can always tell the less certain position by the rudeness and hostility of the responses.

Blue Hair and D-16 like this.
  17. Uxt

Uxt Star Wrangler

Wow, those dividing walls look pretty slick. And no-one right-clicked putting any in the background by mistake. Say, where do you get/craft those blocks? Where did you get that bike and how much does the 3D scan cost in pxiels? Is that the Floran mech tech? Also, where's the NPC coders? Have you not found any spawners for those yet?

18. Whirlwindjon

Whirlwindjon Void-Bound Voyager

You all forgot to factor in time zones when figuring out how productive the team are currently compared to if they were working together locally.

19. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

please, do not read such emotions as i believe you have into my statements.

whining is one thing, pointing out "hey, this is not a good idea, it costs more than it is worth", is not that thing.

that said, let's not devolve into bickering and make the mods grumpy. you dont agree with me, this is plain. this is also no reason to be uncivil.

no. it is not unreasonable to expect someone with a full time job to keep "company hours", even when working from home.

20. LordLyciaX

Oh, but you see, that is where you're wrong. It's worth outweighs the cost.

Kabu likes this.