1st October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Consider that the majority consumer for this game are most definitely above the age of 10.

Joshino, Nedox, Pingeh and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Well then, the "child friendliness" won't be that bad. I don't know if the game would be that suitable for anyone younger, but who knows. Minecraft seems to have a very wide range of fan ages.

gokkan, tassina and Duke like this.
  3. Oculemon

Oculemon Starship Captain

hyotl content???

[​IMG]

gokkan, kithsakhai and Pingeh like this.
  4. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

"Age-friendly"?
    Does that mean more push-doors for toddlers?
    Entrance ramps for the elderly?
    A cash bar near the entrance for the twenty-somethings?
    A lounge for the not-quite elderly to complain about how awful the youth of today is?
    An internet cafe so the youth of today can join chat rooms and complain how out of touch the not-quite elderly are?

5. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I was going to make a post about how we don't even though what "age appropriate" means (to the devs in this context) but this is far funnier then my examples.

tassina likes this.
  6. Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Had Tiy not mentioned that the dungeon was changed, would we have been any the wiser come the actual time we get to play the game?

Perhaps he simply posted that tidbit just to evoke responses from everybody and laugh maniacally at them.

7. shdwfrog

shdwfrog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Given how flexible the modding is. When the beta comes out, start working on some gore mods if you think it's too child friendly. A poo monster... yeah, It can't get too much more child friendly than that, lmao. Create your own evil, scary, possessed dungeons, objects, items, etc. I think this game is going to be an amazing melting pot! Thanks for the daily update Tiy.

Duke likes this.
  8. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Not entirely happy about making dungeons "age friendly", the monster death animation is already hard to swallow, this just adds to it along with the po..
    I mean, florans are...florans, dungeons full of gooey guts and bones would make sense.

9. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

my sentiments exactly.

10. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

So the big controversy is the "age-friendly" comment. So what? He didn't even begin to allude to what type of content they changed. It could be any amount of language, drug use, sex, nudity, etc.. Or it could be something much less dramatic. Maybe the dev's will be kind enough to fill us in at some point. Hopefully people wont get so upset about such vague references.

Duke and tassina like this.
  11. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

In regards to the 'toning down, age appropriate' thing. They want the game to be moddable as hell, right? Just mod it to be more adult if you're so inclined.

gokkan and Duke like this.
  12. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

my guess is either

a) was blood on the walls/doors/bodies hidden away in the dark somewhere in the dungeon

b) pinup poster wall plaques or something to give the place a lived in feel.

either way, i hope the games dungeons feel gritty and macabre places.

13. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Oh man.. I remember the first mod I got for the OG Tomb Raider when I was a kid. Oh man... Dat polygon...

Belgoliad likes this.
  14. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Eww... Age-Friendly? I hope you know what you're doing here, devs.

15. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

"Oh man oh man that extra dark pixel turns me on so bad." Those were the days, huh?
    Mods're mods, though. Let there be mods! I kinda dig the idea of modding in a far gorier death animation, haha.

KirasiN and greenman like this.
  16. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

A tiny update is better than no update.

I hope we get a chance to choose just how 'age friendly' our game is. Bloodier the better.

KirasiN and Lazla like this.
  17. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

Wooow! Nice furniture!

18. Lazla

Lazla Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah but what i was saying that if they gonna change dungeon outlook or something in there that they even wont bother to tell, comparing to fact how specific they usually are is really bad sign. And if they gonna mod dungeon outlook they are also gonna change much more. And this all seems like they want to make more money from kids, we all know if you make small good strike in that sector how much it brings players (kids overpopulating minecraft for example). And i think its really is fucking up a game, cause it breaks story (we all know florans, if there is alive ones in dungeon there will be suffering slaves and blood, if its abadonne dthere will most likely be very brutal left overs of combat or something in there) so if we go just plain dark dungeon the feeling is gone. And most likely they also take the nudity away and many other things.

19. Lazla

Lazla Phantasmal Quasar

Dont you get it, point is that devs are taking stuff out of the game so they would get it to be kid friendly, Nobody really cares who made the blood look on floors after kills as long as it look cool, we all know we gonna get much much more to satisfy our tit, drug and violence need from mods. I dont understand people who lick devs asses by agreeing all that they say, you not gonna get any bonuses from that. instead you need to tell what you think about it and more radical you are the more better it is. Its true that games gonna be great, but lately devs have seemed to be less and less community friendly, long radio silences in daily updates and now they just say "we gonna cut content" and dont even tell us what they are gonna take away from game, and most of stuff they wont even tell us im sure.

goblininabox and Pingeh like this.
  20. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just had a thought... Tiy didn't say what age it is being friendly to...

Perhaps it's an OAP mode, where the screen flashes every so often reminding you to take your tablets. Or your character has to use a walking stick and forgets the mission sometimes while calling everyone "young man!"