1st October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If you say so. And it must have been something if they actually removed it. I'm guessing some kind of gore or something related to eating other races.

Nedox and Belgoliad like this.
  2. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Nice progress!

tassina likes this.
  3. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ah yes, the Doozer-inspired shatter-resistant extruded polymer furinture from Hykea. It's great stuff for the price, but the instructions are all in this strange, pictographic nonsense. It's quite frustrating to assemble, which is why typically I use a dual-setting disappearify/appearify ray gun to transport the floor models directly from the store. Yes, I pay for them. Of course. What do you take me for, a human!? :proper:

4. Grannysniff

Grannysniff Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder what they'll do for Halloween? (Well, if ya celebrate it :p)
    Ma..M..Maybe Beta!??!??! :O

Nedox, Pingeh and Nynjah like this.
  5. Captain Infinity

Captain Infinity Void-Bound Voyager

Oh...right.......cannibalism.....I forgot that was a thing they did..........yeah :lod:. Anyway yeah, if it means less people get offended/scarred for life, it's fine by me!

tassina and Jonesy like this.
  6. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Age-friendly dungeons, and Mr. Wiggles monsters. :cautious:
    I'm lovin' it. :cool:

7. Darlas

Darlas Starship Captain

I know this isn't final yet but i'm not really liking the eye pattern on the furniture.
    I can't think of a possibility on putting eyes or something that resembles eyes on furniture as a human.
    But on the other hand i'm not quite familiar with the lore of the race, maybe that's how they like it.

It just looked kinda strange that eye pattern is the racial identification on furniture for this race.
    But other than that it looks good :), keep it up!

8. Nynjah

Nynjah Void-Bound Voyager

Gasp! The Hylotl are a weird new type of Metroid wandering around in a rebuilt Tourian!

DanteStigma likes this.
  9. Slenos

Slenos Orbital Explorer

On the topic of "Age Friendly" I don't mind it too much. but I want at least one dungeon that REALLY feels like a dungeon. a dark, dangerous, devious place. blood stains on the walls. bones and bodies lying there. A dungeon that will make me nervous of what is hiding in the depths.

Nedox and Lawls like this.
  10. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

A little more age friendly dungeon for floran? Hehe must have been very gory :DD

Nedox and tassina like this.
  11. Lazla

Lazla Phantasmal Quasar

"We have make changes to make game more age friendly". What did they happen to spoil, I wonder how well theyr going to fuck this game up cause they make it childish and cut the content. Cmon mofos learn from fallout 2 give us who can tolerate gore, swearing and seeing all crazy shit amd mudity chance for it, and place a chance in options to turn these of for those wussy little wanks who make it hufe problem if they see something in VIRTUAL life that ,ost likely is common for people to see somewhere.
    Ps: sorry for agro, but i just cant take it when contest it cut or edited cause "someone coul feel bad"

Forb.Jok and Pingeh like this.
  12. Jonesy

Mate. Chill out. They're not going to strip out half the game just to appeal to a younger audience. What they are doing is keeping the essence of the game in a way that more people can appreciate it. There will still be darker elements to it, but just not as gratuitous as a game aimed at a strictly mature audience. Saying the devs are going to "fuck up" the game over "wussy little wanks" is not going to achieve anything, and is in fact a very rude way of referring to both the developers and the younger audience.

13. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

I never realized Hylotl were futuristic at all! I figured them for an eastern fish culture. By rights, I never read any lore about them.

Silican Beat likes this.
  14. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dat furnature! :up: (Also for age rating I'd say Teen or 13+ considering rating ignorance these days)

15. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

But....what happened to my 'M' rating? Everyone knows nothing good ever came out of anything less.

Send your hate-mail direct.

16. Ricky Rouse

Ricky Rouse Zero Gravity Genie

It all depends on what they mean by "age appropriate"

If it means "lmao look at all these poop monsters and penguins! so wacky, eh kids?" then they can stick it somewhere special.

If its just removing blood or gore then I guess its their choice, but I doubt anyone, especially a 7 year old child, will be disturbed by some pixelated bloody chunks.

Well, back to 1.2

Nedox, Pingeh and Lazla like this.
  17. Lazla

Lazla Phantasmal Quasar

I have kind of a rude language when i get to it, i mean no way to insult anyone, i use powerful words to dress my words to emotions i feel over what i write. And aint florans kind of "cruel" race here, so if there was for example a eaten human hanging i bet it would bring just feeling to game. Kids see everything anyways these days, and mods will certainly bring whole lot a material that maybe even matures find "insulting" so why to make this game more child friendly, maybe like i stated before a options could contain setting that you could have control over content. But you cant deny that if devs are going to edit one dungeon, there will be lot of other changes as well, so i could say theyre ruining game.

18. ViteLock

ViteLock Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmmm.... eyed furniture... Now to stick a glitch in a room full of unknown things and see if it's smart enough to tell the difference from furniture and monsters....

Now then... Is age friendly just language based... or graphic based? or both?? or is it something completely different?

And then there were three. Will.... wait I don't know what to ask.... Anyway keep it up dev team!!!! :up:

DanteStigma and tassina like this.
  19. Jonesy

Language aside, I'm struggling to see the problem here. Starbound was never meant to be an overly mature game. It has a nice ratio of dark and silly. It's not up to the developers to decide that "kids see everything these days" (which is a questionable concept varying on an individual basis, and should not be applied to the majority). They're simply maintaining a balance. And while I can't deny that more dungeons will be edited, the game is still in development and such changes are to be expected. But none of that is necessarily for the worst.

gokkan, Dano, Taolaen and 5 others like this.
  20. Grannysniff

Grannysniff Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree with what Jonesy says.

gokkan, tassina, Duke and 1 other person like this.