1st October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Brionkendo

Brionkendo Master Chief

THAT is a good point.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Games can generally get away with a limited amount of gore, provided it isn't gratuitous. Hell, Terraria had quite a lot and still managed a PG rating. Environmental blood decals should probably be fine, provided it's not ridiculously all over the shop. A limited amount for feedback and realism should be enough, and any more would just go against the style of the game. Naturally, the game will still have darker elements, but like I said before probably not gratuitously. All in all, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

tassina likes this.
  3. lyra

lyra Title Not Found

Hopefully something will repel young children from the game. Perhaps too complicated for very young minds. I mean REALLY young children. When Minecraft rose in popularity it got this negative rep attached to it that it was a little kids game, or anybody who played it was a [insert unfriendly term here] ect. I stopped playing minecraft because it's community changed. Mostly because of the servers and their fancy setups with ugly towns ect. That and cheaters, die you loose your items, and Minecraft in general just lost appeal too me.

PositivAndroid, Brionkendo and Jonesy like this.
  4. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Yay for Hylotl teasers!!

I don't know what that furniture is, but I want it..

ARthunder likes this.
  5. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

Legos online is only fun for so long. I was expecting Minecrap would be more of an adventure with building on the side, But it was a building game with adventure on the side.
    It's why a game like terraria and Starbound appeal to me more.
    And as much as mods can add and change minecraft, the entire combat system needs a complete overhaul for it to be anything interesting. I was never blown away or hooked on the "creating" aspect of miencrap.

Silican Beat and Pingeh like this.
  6. ARthunder

ARthunder Star Wrangler

We all do man we all do

7. Grannysniff

Grannysniff Pangalactic Porcupine

If you complain about the child friendly update

You're gonna have a bad time.

gokkan, Captain Infinity and Jonesy like this.
  8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

MCF is... Weird. The griefing problem was ridiculous though, only ever played on a friends modded server, and even then someone was plating nukes... we had like 10 members total. But yeah I do remember reading a lot of stuff assuming it was a game targeting the wee little ones. X3

I am with Jonesy, as long as they don't go overboard with the censoring I am fine with them making it more age-friendly, if that is even what that is supposed to mean in the context they used it in.

tassina and Jonesy like this.
  9. Jonesy

Some people might have legitimate concerns on the matter, but I suspect others are looking for excuses to whine.

gokkan and Nedox like this.
  10. MrMas35

MrMas35 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this update and all but it just....

NEEDS MORE COWBELL

LemmyKillmaster likes this.
  11. lyra

lyra Title Not Found

Yeah it does. The combat on minecraft was so bland. I felt very limited on what I could build in minecraft as far as more micro building. Another major thing is how unfriendly it was to having server side mods. To be able to force a certain type of texture pack onto the server would have bin nice. You also couldn't just pop into a server with mods like Mo'Creatures. You would have to have some third party client just to do anything like that. Minecraft just didn't seem mod friendly too me.

on another note, the "child friendly" idea has ruined some decent titles. Back when Spore was a more mature title, and they were showing teaser and what not, it looked amazing. Everything about it was fantastic. But then EA tried to do this kid friendly approch and just destroyed the game for me. Yeah I was a kid at the time but I wanted a more serious game. It took this cartoony approach and it lost appeal. Not too mention EA pushing them with tight deadlines, causing them to completely remove the underwater stage, which was what I was the most hyped about, and cutting the Flora editor. Then creature stage felt very lacking and unrealistic. It just didn't cut it. It could have bin so much more.

TenT, tassina, riseoflegends and 2 others like this.
  12. Captain Infinity

Captain Infinity Void-Bound Voyager

"Child Friendly"? Tiy, buddy, you are aware you're making a game in which the backstory for the FALL OF MANKIND was that the planet Earth was TENTACLE R*PED FROM WITHIN BY AN ELDRITCH ABOMINATION right? I think we're pretty well passed a "G" rating here.

TenT, Skitz, Nedox and 1 other person like this.
  13. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Those Hylotl furniture have Feng Shui for sure.

Skitz likes this.
  14. lyra

lyra Title Not Found

I hope your not referring to me! :V

15. Jonesy

They've actually changed the plot now. The marshmellow men took over the Earth for its stuffed animals, so the humans had to go somewhere else to snuggle. :sarcasm:

Seriously, she'll be right mate. There will still be plenty of dark elements, but just not as gratuitous as a game targeted at a more mature audience.

Probably not.

16. Captain Infinity

Oh I have no fear of political correctness, I just found the sheer dissonance between that statement and what was actually INTEGRATED INTO THE PLOT OF THE GAME to be mildly amusing. I just hope I got a few chuckles with my comment.

Silican Beat likes this.
  17. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh boy, I like how everything Tiy says and his attempt to humor us is being taken as gospel. :giggle: I would not read too much into it, being the first dungeon and all. Would love to see a more serious take once we reach a deeper tier and lore though! :DD Keep up the awesome work guys! I must admit, it is a real treat to wake up everyday to a daily update! :megusta:

tassina likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Ah, I see. I wasn't too sure, because it's possible someone would actually make that complaint for real.

19. Captain Infinity

Nope! Not me! It's just sarcasm sundaes and cynicism sprinkles when I'm around! :DD

But seriously though, people shouldn't take Tiy's statement too harshly, I mean, do you guys REALLY want to know what weird, kinky, plant-ey things the Florans do in their dungeons?

20. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

they are most likely gonna go like terraria. it is after all a spiritual successor according to a bunch of youtubers.

tassina likes this.