Dev Blog 1st November - A Whole New World

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ComatosePhoenix

ComatosePhoenix Phantasmal Quasar

I was kinda hoping for an ftl styled combat. Add in a few craftable terminals crew can sit in to give buffs, repel a few boarders, beam over and scuttle their ship or just blow it out of the sky with your definitely not for show medieval cannon. I don't think it would necessarily force a ship wipe.

Axe Garian and DragonsForce like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

But what would be the risk? You're getting your ship blown up/heavily damaged... I wouldn't call that a light loss...

Axe Garian and Jonesy like this.
  3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Will we also be able to terraform an entire planet into a subbiome? I'd love to have an entire planet become a giant hive.

@Axe Garian You said the main reason you want a map is to help you with your memory. There's a very simple way to deal with that problem: buy a ton of plain Fluffalo's, mine a few asteroids and spam flags. Although you get a lot of stuff to scroll through as a result (folder system for teleport locations please!), it allows you to go to said location at any point.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

...Keep the thing running even longer? :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Well, so far they haven't indicated that we'll be able to terraform a planet to a subbiome type, only that we'll be able to terraform it to other main biomes. That's what I was asking about.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Would be nice if this addition influences many more custom biome mods to show up, I had this one sub biome mod i enjoyed but the modder had stopped working on it any more, It gave a really cool chocolate underground sub biome and i'd really love to see this terraformer be given a option to terraform the whole planet into a massive chocolate biome, I'm wondering how this will effect the ocean biomes though, Would be cool if it would create whole new ocean biome types and not just repleace all the liquid on the planet with dirt or what ever the planet biome it's terraforming to is made of.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You know what they say -- you can never have too much chocolate.

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

It's me. I say that.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I think we should let the developers implement normal terraforming before we start demanding the ability to cause a cakeological singularity.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I said it too. Then I ate myself into what would be a chocolate coma for a lesser man.

11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Wow, that sounds very... not lazy person friendly... :unsure:

12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Eh, I'm too lazy to wait for the ship to travel back to a given spot and then walk all the way back to a spot of interest, but one trek over a planet nets me enough funds to buy two fluffalos, normally, and now that I've got a few plain fluffalos, all I have to do is beam to my home base every once in a while (which, if you've got tenants or anything else farming-related, you need to do anyway), harvest their plant fiber and I'll have enough woven fabric to make at least one more flag, usually two. In terms of time, it saves me about 15-30 minutes per site of interest, so it's definitely worth it if you're lazy like me.

As for asteroids, just find one with copper deposits and then mine until you've got a reasonable amount of copper ore (100 ore or so should be enough for about twenty to thirty planets, and usually takes like 15 minutes to get). After you've got enough fluffalos, you can even sell off excess materials to get more copper if you need it.

Overall, it's about 45 minutes to set up, and when you're done, if the planet is far away from where your ship currently is and the place on the planet you want to go is on the opposite side as seen from spawn, you can save more than half an hour per trip.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

When ya put it this way, this strategy sounds persuasive... Many thanks for the share! :)

14. tomssuli

tomssuli Title Not Found

A search bar would also suffice to me = P

Axe Garian and The Squid like this.