1st August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

... I feel like that screenshot is ment to placate us about durability. Its.. kinda working.

Still feels off the idea that you want to push people to explore that cave rather then keep digging down if they want. Hoping it'll make a lot more sense when we get a chance to playtest it ourselves. Just.. sandbox should be about choices not path of least resistance.. yaknow?

Axe Garian and Gene like this.
  2. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

Lmao, good luck trying to get beta, it'll be a little while yet.

3. Knite300

Knite300 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

(analyze begins)

Further testing = More tests need to be run.

With larger groups = the group currently playtesting is to small so more people will be needed to playtest (or a group of large people?)

Will be key = ... Hmmm...... !!!!

Wait a second!! More testing with a bigger group sounds like Beta... And its the key... The key is... The key... (GASP) BETA KEY!!!

Never mind this Tiyfoolery. Just having some fun : )

RaphaZord, Huzzbuzz and tassina like this.
  4. 4verse

4verse Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is no way this game will be released 2013. AT BEST we will see an early beta candidate in some way or another. thing is, the team adds "a whole bunch of" xyz every day and has to balance/test/bug fix new stuff along with already more or less finished stuff anew, then suddenly adds completely new features (music playing anyone?) with no significance regarding game play, balancing or finishing the game really, but adds a truck load of work further delaying anything else ... a never ending story. really, i am at a point where i am considering asking for a refund of my pre order. i have better ways to spend my money than waiting until ... well my guess is late 2014, may be even 2015

5. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

A productive day once again.

And the screenshot of durability test...wow...just wow...

Bourak_1 likes this.
  6. supermonkey554

supermonkey554 Orbital Explorer

>says digging straight down isn't the best way to travel anymore
    >digs straight down :giggle:

Thanel, Menasor, Kyle873 and 2 others like this.
  7. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

I have no proof whatsoever, but I'm betting its sort of like this: Use mouse wheel to scroll>Left mouse button equips it on left hand/Right mouse button equips it on right hand.

Then when you're done the active screen is the game, so now you can use the same mouse buttons to defend/attack depending on what place you put them. If you use the mouse wheel then it changes the active screen to the hotbar...and so on...

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

"but further playtesting with larger groups is going to be key."
    70.423 people already pre-ordered, so larger groups are ready ;)

9. Coulmbai

Coulmbai Industrial Terraformer

No kidding, they've been doing in days what minecraft did in years

10. John Caveson

John Caveson Orbital Explorer

No beta info? Well time to go sleep until tomorrow night :zzz:...

11. Molinware

Molinware Space Spelunker

BETA!!!!!

RaphaZord and Nylas like this.
  12. Toasty

Toasty Industrial Terraformer

I think most people will use Beta to just play the game early, rather than not only enjoy the game early but also help the team with fixing bug issues by reporting the ones you find.
    Lets be honest, not many players are going to purposely search for a bug that crashes their game because they'd rather just experience the game.
    Can't blame them for having so much done before they release the Beta.

CJx101, Axe Garian, DaviDeil and 3 others like this.
  13. fistfulofsteel

fistfulofsteel Void-Bound Voyager

Further playtesting with larger groups is going to be key you say? Well I suppose i can take time out of my busy schedule of reading these updates every night to help you tackle this task...

LFPO8k, RaphaZord and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Citrus

Citrus Orbital Explorer

I volunteer.

LFPO8k, RaphaZord, CJx101 and 4 others like this.
  15. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

lol definetly. it really is ridiculus how little the mojang team gets done. like. wow. and then they argue its because they need time for planning.
    then we get carrots on sticks and horses 2 updates apart. *facepalm*

16. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    What's that? Besides feature creep, devs are wasting their time on moron-proofness? "Herp Derp, colored frames and special always visible slots are not enough, we need to add a label under active items on hotbar for complete idiots!".

Thanel, Nylas, 4verse and 1 other person like this.
  17. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

The colored frames could be useful for differentiating the quality of an Item during a trade, but yes I'm a bit worried by these clear signs of streamlining.
    Let's just hope the rest of the game isn't aimed to idiots.

18. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have nothing against colored frames. Those "L & R" labels under hotbar to the left are bugging me. And by "coloured frames" I meant not rarity-green-white-purple stuff, but red and blue that mark active atm items.

Thanel likes this.
  19. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe i'm speaking for everyone, when i'm saying... We the community, gladly take this responsibility on our shoulders.

RaphaZord, CJx101, Axe Garian and 3 others like this.
  20. fistfulofsteel

fistfulofsteel Void-Bound Voyager

As a complete idiot I am offended.
    In all seriousness tho I would have had a lot easier time in the portal games had i noticed the cross hairs came complete with "which portal you have active" indicators.
    Think of it like the dummy lights in your car. Sure you can wait until you hear the engine rattling, but it's a bit easier if a check engine light comes on as a preemptive warning. Last thing I wanna do is go to fire my rocket launcher at a boss, only to realize that I'm instead trying to matter manipulate his arm from his torso.

21. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh man were have you been? EVERY DAY is a productive day ;D even taking a crap is productive in their way.