19th of June, 2014: DevBlog GeorgeBlog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 19, 2014.

1. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

...To infinity and beyond?

2. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Perhaps what I'm saying isn't very clear, it basically aligns with what you're saying.

I meant that the cave essentially becomes your house, you don't need to put a roof over your head anymore because the cave naturally provides it for you. The thing about the Mini-Mart is that it doesn't look very Kiosk to me, the artillery one does, but not the Mini-Mart.

TheRoachMan and x567 like this.
  3. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

It does seem a lot bigger than I expected the outpost to be, from the previous posts. Those really didn't give any hint as to the scale, now with people inside. Look how they run around, apex and avians and florans and humans and... wait...

What's that...

A... horse... woman...

:nope: Et tu, GeorgeV?

4. omegavvarrior

omegavvarrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah I can see your point but while you don't "have to" I can think of many reasons why you would put a roof up. Separation from nature, moisture reduction, simple aesthetics. I mean if I'm gonna live in a cave I'm not about to let condensation drip all over my stuff. I'm gonna put up walls and overhead barriers to keep my stuff away from the stuff that the cave doesn't protect from and I would apply that same logic to the outpost except with thieves, random fires, pest creatures, or even external glass breaking releasing the atmosphere. I can see your point about the express as well but it really isn't that much smaller than many gas stations I've seen. You could probably fit 2 Starbound characters shoulder to shoulder in there, albeit cramped. I don't think its meant to be an actual mini-mart but more like a very tiny quick gas station grab and go while you pass on by through the outpost. As an outpost which probably has a high traffic flow and shops come and go on a likely weekly basis having small modular shops that can be packed up onto even the smallest spacers ship when I need to duck out on the fly or move to greener pastures makes sense.

5. Hachuurui

Hachuurui Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Special Deal at Infinity! Buy two pieces of armor get a free Slurpy and Twinkie!

6. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Looks really good, nice job!

7. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

It'd be nice to see a variety of outpost types before 1.0 releases! I'd love to see a tropical outpost, actually. They could potentially have outdoor and themed kiosks to draw from in the random generator if they implemented random biomes! :love:

If they don't run with this idea, I might. :viking:

8. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

It's starting to look like the market area in a sidescrolling mmo after a few years of promotions. All it needs now is an obnoxiously large Christmas themed vendor and it's basically Maple Story.

9. HUcast

HUcast Void-Bound Voyager

Some of the better art I've seen for the game as of yet. I hope other things get the same level of attention. Personally, I think some of the ships could use some redesigning, like the Avian's

10. Mushi26

Mushi26 Big Damn Hero

Will we get a notification of outposts in systems we're in? Perhaps some kind of broadcast advertisement or w/e?

11. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm... Cool. Is this outpost going to be exclusive to the later sectors, or will it be available in the alpha sector forward? Will there be shops included only outside of the early sectors? Anyway, good job! :up:

12. Corverean

Corverean Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree except for the topic of food, ever try cooked food? Pies? Most of the recipes in the game?

13. Custardsquare

Custardsquare Big Damn Hero

I like this but it... somehow feels off a little? i love the little shops i'm just unsure of the room they're in? it looks nice and all but yeah... maybe have a platform with stairs going up for the arsenal? with something underneath ?

The | Suit likes this.
  14. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I'm looking forward to buying a bunch of random items from Infinity Express. :love:

pwner53, Freddy and Demoguy like this.
  15. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

The entire clan of Clan Infinity supports this.
    im seriously crying right now -sniffs- im so happy.

pwner53, Saal, Freddy and 1 other person like this.
  16. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

Those fuel prices! O:

AvantGuard and Demoguy like this.
  17. Demoguy

Demoguy Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't played this game in a while due to losing internet and my Mac running out of space for games. I just checked the dev blog, and holy cow you guys have done a bunch to this game. I'm going to go into the beta so I can check out all of the Groovy new items.

18. pwner53

pwner53 Over 9000!!!

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that this was inspired by my clan. :p

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  19. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

Two things... Does it have to look like the Kwik-E-Mart from the Simpsons? And for the other, I wonder if I can finally buy eggs so I can make a cake. If they were recently added, I haven't played in several months, and eggshoots didn't count in the recipe. Even made a post about finding eggs, but never got a useful reply.

20. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

nice keep going ;)