19th of June, 2014: DevBlog GeorgeBlog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

I already said it wasn't specifically directed at him, so I'm not sure what you are asking. Any followup questions PM me please.

2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I must find a SQUIDROW Acid Gun from the Penguin Bay too for a game of SPLATOON against Floranssss!

AvantGuard likes this.
  3. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

If it has a roof I tend to consider whatever the structure to be as a building. Regardless the point still stands. You wouldn't build a house in a cave. The Artillery Shop looks pretty good (though the anchor I'm a bit questionable on..), because it consists of a guy selling various weapons straight out of his box.
    Infinity Express looks like a tiny-mini-mart. You'd only notice it was a make-shift shop from a shipping container if you'd look on the side of it (which imo, doesn't make it look very make-shift)

4. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Oh I see...

5. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Seems neat enough. But what exactly can you buy there? The term "general goods" doesn't sound very useful given the game's current state. Is it like tiny furniture? Food? Stimpacks? Grappling hooks? Tents?

Themagicjesus likes this.
  6. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Now...I don't want to be rude but...i hope that these small sneak peeks are just the tip of the aisberg of what the devs are actually working.
    Because you can continue with these for a long run. Atleast at the end of the summer i expect this big update coming out.
    Anyway keep up the good work of being productive guys! (we all love new fresh things regarding this game)

....oh and I hope everything in these stores is pretty expensive so that we really work hard for getting them (whatever products they are...or atleast some of them)

7. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with Melissa above. Great new shops. Currently they all are completely useless since everything you find is 100x better unless you cannot find a gun. Food all does the same thing, we don't have alternate armors, and crafting is currently tiered so that buying things is both unnecessary and unhelpful.

They all look fantastic but more random shops to ignore as I run by isn't going to give life to the game.

8. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Maybe they will add more stuff (as in rare...armor, furniture, food, guns etc. ? )

9. They're going to be integral to the progression system they're implementing. Outposts are supposed to be a hub for quests, places to sell produce, acquire tenants for your buildings, etc. These shops (I assume) will carry a greater purpose than the random shops you find in any <insert race here> city.

Nimeni likes this.
  10. Lord Bit

Lord Bit Space Penguin Leader

God I love you so much right now...

What? Did you guys say something?

11. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will there be actual NPC that run the stores, talk to you and move around, or will it be more like the Frog King that sells you bombs and rope? Also, would I be able to set up my own store and sell things to NPCs?

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to visit an outpost.

12. omegavvarrior

omegavvarrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You might build a house in a cave if it protects from a planets dangerous inclement weather. Also these are stores that seem more like kiosk structures than actual buildings. I mean many modern malls have a lot of this kind of stuff albeit not so back alley black market-esque.

13. XghettofireX

XghettofireX Orbital Explorer

OMG, I am going to love finding a supermarket in the middle of nowhere after murdering monsters underground. This game keeps getting better and better! Please tell me theres going to be gum we can chew and blow bubbles with xD I'll buy 10 packs of those at that supermarket!

14. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Does Infinity Express sell souls? I'm running low, and I don't feel like reaping today.

Owl_Stalker and Hatsya Souji like this.
  15. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Expressos included?

16. It's like Express and ExpressMen, but for space.
    Get your Space Photographer's pants here, and buy one get one 1/2 Slim Fit Space Undershirts!

Akado likes this.
  17. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

With the NPCs there, I can see an interesting sense of scale there. The Infinity Express appears to be a bit of a thinner crate than that of the Penguin Bay. Any particular reason?

Also the way these storage crates are being re-purposed reminds me of something I saw in my childhood. Re-purposed old-fashion railroad cars that were converted into small diners, drive-ins, and dives.

Hmm...

Any chance on seeing diner-styled food vendors? Burgers, French fries, and other miscellaneous comfort food. I'm sure the players aren't the only hungry travelers. :D
    And this too?

Hmm... Starbound Coffee Bounty of the Stars Coffee, Lotus Star Blossom Coffee, Lilypad Coffee... I'm sure someone here is more clever than I. >_>;

18. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BuckBound? ;D

(I wonder if it would be okay to mimic the Starbucks logo anyways, from a legal point of view)

19. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

I approve.

Fluffy Arsonist, Freddy and Saal like this.
  20. Windcaller

Windcaller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good job, lads and lasses.

Nymall likes this.