19th March - The Colour(ful Inventory Windows) of Magic

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 19, 2015.

1. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

I would really like the inventory window to stay where I move it. I don't like it in the middle of the screen and I'd much rather have it on the side, but it resets every time I use a crafting table. Maybe that's something they should consider. Does anyone else feel the same way?

2. StarBond007

StarBond007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You may have my sword, you may have my bow, but i want that axe in my hands.

3. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

You should work on matching the colour schemes of the handles.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And you shouldn't presume to decide priorities and such.

5. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah that could be a good idea, that way you wouldnt have to organise them every time you open the windows.
    I think It would also be cool if there was a toggle-able setting that made windows move with the backround
    (so basically if you walked right, the window would "stay in the same place" by moving left)[DOUBLEPOST=1426802491][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I just think It would be nice to see how the handles would appear later in developement
    currently some of the colours really clash so I can't really appraise the handle art yet (especially on the blue axes)

6. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

It's always interesting to see how different people react to things. When I saw the axes I thought nice and forgot it. I've gone through so much equipment but there are just a handful of weapons that I remember, which is quite a bit sad, considering how much effort you guys put in it. The colors for the windows would be a nice touch although I never ever considered the menu colored. And stacking windows? I don't really do that. I just put something from inventory to container or vice versa or I am scanning new stuff in so I'd be able to print it out.
    So what really interests me here is that windows actually remember where they were the last time instead of obstinately popping up centered. Although I know from experience how tricky it sometimes is to make some darn windows behave themselves. :lod:

What always gives me a hard time with the GUI is finding the right crafting device for something. And it's not that I don't use the searching option. Maybe that is just too complicated to me. :facepalm: But I don't know how to change change that - I am just always searching some stuff.

But don't mind me, I don't want to spoil the fun - there are people that enjoy all the different weapons and the like. I can just (once again) see how taste runs different.

PabloM likes this.
  7. Assaf

Assaf Void-Bound Voyager

I think everything in the post looks good. Thanks.

8. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I think it'd really help if you could merge like-style weapons, taking the visuals of one weapon and applying them to the stats of another.

That way, you have more reason to care about how a weapon looks... if you like the look of a particular ax, then you can give it another ax's stats and coordinate your full ensemble.

Seriously, CF, get on this.

Tamorr, devilanc and Kawa like this.
  9. Yeah, but see how limiting the mods were able to dig into, only increase or reduce the size of the windows, and that's a no-no. If modders try to do something like, add chat buttons as tabs instead this "one click-rotating button" on chat, or attempt to add a search function to the songbook GUI, it's impossible.

That's why they need or to improve it themselves, or give it power to be moddable, since the new font and everything they kinda didn't updated buttons / etc.

RatixFarrence likes this.
  10. JustSam

JustSam Void-Bound Voyager

How much for the next patch, i'm too exited

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Scriptable GUI. It's in the design phase, I think.

12. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My suggestion to the window colors would be to allow us in the gui to set either custom colors or a group of color-sets to choose from.
    This would help with accessibility and without alienating players.

13. Yeah we're waiting for that one, however they also need to improve the GUI themselves, as i pointed before the most silly thing of "unresponsive process" as loading screens has to change, then nicer things can happen. :)

14. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

15. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to see we're going back to DAILY dev blog updates!~
    The axes look fabulous and I can't wait to see the updates about multiplayer!

16. Mercenary14

Mercenary14 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dem axes look cool I'd like to use them 1 handed it be cool

17. Broseph20

Broseph20 Void-Bound Voyager

Shoot I haven't had much trouble with the current window system but seeing the new color system for the windows makes me want it anyway.

18. Burgerkrieg

Burgerkrieg Void-Bound Voyager

Nice stuff, I like it. The question is: does it come with dungean respawn points?

19. Akhuan

Akhuan Orbital Explorer

That Terry Pratchett reference, though. I teared up.

renbear likes this.
  20. Corbald

Corbald Starship Captain

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

renbear and Akhuan like this.