19th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by bartwe, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, I know he can be rude and sarcastic sometimes but to outright accuse him of being a troll is outrageous. We have a right to express our self's of these forums. He his simply being doubtful of the game and it's release, and as far as I can see that's an ok opinion to have. To call him a troll is rude and uncalled for. So the next time your thinking of insulting him, call him something that is more fitting instead of jumping right to "troll".

Necrius and RicardRC like this.
  2. Liraex

Liraex Orbital Explorer

@Renlou: We're all eager fans man.

Sure, they haven't said they were going to announce beta at i49....but by the same token, they haven't said they WEREN'T going to announce it, unless I missed it. :eek:

A part of me is hoping they release some information there, and a part of me is prepared to be disappointed.

But I'm not gonna crap on other peoples hopes.

nss68 likes this.
  3. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

If you guys were as good at being productive as you were about being entitled whining children you could have made your own Starbound by now.

Aeon, Leak, tassina and 2 others like this.
  4. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

I think Tiy said somewhere that unless they randomly decided for a release date on stage they weren't going to at i49.

tassina likes this.
  5. Duke

Duke Big Damn Hero

This guy's got the right idea.

VIVA LA RÉVOLUTION!

tassina likes this.
  6. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I'm... sorry?

tassina and Duke like this.
  7. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

awesome mushroom hat how do you make it :mwahaha:

8. Bizarre Monkey

My post was targeted at people complaining about i49 and no beta and acting as if they are being let down because of it.

I didn't read your posts because this thread has sort of exceeded my expectations as landfill.

Aeon likes this.
  9. EvilEye

EvilEye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe there are 2 different outcomes the Starbound Beta can have:

1) Long beta where there is a new build every day, with feedback influencing development. Main content created during beta would be quests/story/bosses I guess?

2) Short late beta where the game is basically done, and feedback is used to tweak things and stomp bugs instead of develop the game

With how things are going, I'm expecting option 2

10. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I think the worst thing that happens is that the expectations raised for this game go beyond what is physically possible in the 8 corporeal realms of reality.

11. Bizarre Monkey

That's why I dont get overhyped and am therefore able to possess the virtue of patience. It's not being cynical, it's being realistic.

People get all head over heels about this and then I get to laugh at them because i was one of the few smart people who know this game isn't going to be an impossible titanic super game unearthed from the sands of 'people actually give a shit!'.

I'm looking forward to playing it, but I'm not anticipating it like a mother anticipates some foul smelling rat that one of their holes coughed up growing up to becoming something dependable.

I regard it like I do every game, a possible spark of joy in this dependably undependable world that has the guile to call itself Earth as if it has some sort of solid ground, cheeky sphere it is.

Aeon likes this.
  12. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't preorder. And I don't give an F word about you butthurting over my opinion. But this is my damn opinion, not trolling.

13. JagBlack

JagBlack Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was wondering about the same thing. They didn't seem to do anything to the environment, must just be a perk of that particular gun. Like an extra little AoE attack after the initial shots fired...?

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's also rude and uncalled for you to attack the devs to the point of calling them money whores, and saying that they're definitely not working hard to get the product to you. And to do that consistently every update log would, in my opinion, be classifiable as both rude and trolling.

tassina and Duke like this.
  15. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I can sympathize then. All members of the Hylotl Galactic Dominion sign an oath to repel all pirates from our borders as piracy interrupts the flow of free-market commerce. We also offer fabulous rewards for those who turn in a pirate, and we have extensive rehabilitation programs for teaching pirates an honest trade.

16. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

The "Nuh! Pirates!" Comment was actually poking fun at people who believe that releasing a demo would allow pirates to send out torrents of the game and allow crackers to get full access to the game.

1John5vs7 and Duke like this.
  17. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

*Face palm*

Yes he is being rude! BUT IT NOT TROLLING! Trolling is looking to start trouble and fights, they don't try to make points. You just don't like what he is saying, so you label him a troll? Why? If this is what you define as trolling then I truly feel sorry for you.

Go and look up the definition of trolling, I'm done trying to reason with you. (Why would I start in the first place?) What your opinion of trolling is and what it really is are light years apart.

Duke likes this.
  18. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He is continuously going on every single daily update and insulting the developers, likely to get a response out of someone such as myself who is very opposed to people that think the devs aren't trying hard.

I don't care if I take the bait or not, the fact that it is a continual thing, even when people confront him about it, and the fact that he uses words such as "Butthurt" to rebuttal arguments leads me to have strong belief in that he really is just going onto the update pages in the purpose of trolling.

And I don't care what anyone's opinion is if it's not backed up with conclusive evidence supporting their claims because that is equivalent to insanity.

"I'm done trying to reason with you" - A. You have not "reasoned" with me, you have simply started a conversation without any body or volume, and B. Your attempt at making me look ignorant or blinded is only debunked by the fact that you have no basis to be on the same side as the person you are defending.

tassina and Aeon like this.
  19. legodude2

legodude2 Title Not Found

Does anyone know how to watch the i49 on the internet when it starts?

20. Duke

Duke Big Damn Hero

We have a report button for a reason. Don't complain about trolling if you knowingly feed the fire; take action.

Seria-Myouna likes this.