18th March - Additionally, my axe.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MutatedAlien

MutatedAlien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool! Now just to figure out which race has which axe...

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I absolutely love those axes! They actually look like they belong in a sci-fi environment, unlike most of the random generated melee weapons in the game right now. It's good to know that the random generated weapons are finally getting the love they so desperately needed. Their stats also need to be beefed up a little bit too since random generated weapons can't even compare to player crafted ones most of the time.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Sariaz

Sariaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Soooo excited for the teleporter shop. Once they come I can finaly start putting my plans into action muwahahaha.

4. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

Axe-ellent. :viking:

Now all I need is a back item that allows me to quad wield 4 one-handed axes or 2 two-handed axes.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Axe Garian likes this.
  5. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

All 2-handed weapons should get alternate attack techniques like how 2-handed swords have a parry.

* For axes, I think the best option would be using up some energy to throw the axe, making them hybrid melee-ranged weapons.
    * For hammers, I guess using a bit of energy to spin around to knock back enemies would make them a nice choice when surrounded.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

You Devs are giving = love & attention to ALL Weapons, including my fav of Axes, instead of playing favorites with those pompous arrogant better-than-thou snobbish pretty boy Swords! You Devs rule! :love:

Axes Rule!!! :viking:

Burnalot likes this.
  7. Broseph20

Broseph20 Void-Bound Voyager

New Swords, Must have! *u* are any of these things in nightly already?

DaedricShadow likes this.
  8. Detective Pennington

Detective Pennington Orbital Explorer

These new features look pretty cool. Now I'm just wondering when we'll see these hit stable.

9. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While those axes surely look great and futuristic - they might come in a package with "Laser Axe - batteries not included" on it. And then the quest for the ingredients of the "battery recipe" begins... :laugh:

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder when these will come to nightly, I'm really excited to get teleporters and those amazing-looking axes! And I guess pathfinding is important if I don't want my enemies to get stuck in a measly hole... But the axes are better!

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Shouldn't take too long, if you don't count finetuning the stats.

...where we came in?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

13. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Say, those axes look lovely. Really looking forward to using them. :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Sketchy Jeff

Sketchy Jeff Void-Bound Voyager

Anybody else see the tiny cat face above the guy in the pathfinding experiment picture?

15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I hope that @metadept working on surface-level "microdungeon" terrain. That needs a lot of variety!

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had a friend who was asking me where the Axe go. i said that it was removed and he was sad,i bet this will make him happy.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

SSSsssSsss..., a worthy axe for a Floran, a worthy axe... FOR SSSLAYING! MEhhMEEHMemehh... <twitch> <twitch>
    Yesss, the pathfinding looksss great... I have had many troubles with my flock of Avian friends falling in to piles of gloop, and never coming back back
    back back

18. Idunyken

Idunyken Astral Cartographer

Don't think I'm seeing the full image of the testing facility - just the preview pic appears when I click it

Yeah, maybe pictures will be useable for nametags in the future?

Edit: Scratch that, there are kitties all over the character's face too :rofl: guess his/her identity must remain secret!!

19. poster55

poster55 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Molly glad to see you back on here posting regularly on the blog. You were missed! Thanks for the updates, and I hope to see you around more.

20. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

Amazing love those axes

Axe Garian likes this.