18th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higuysstarboundiscool

higuysstarboundiscool Orbital Explorer

I'd scrap the horse A.I. idea. Also, if that text isn't just there as an example to see what the A.I. text will look like, scrap that too. Starbound has way too many popC references and jokes, I think it'd be healthy if the game had a more serious tone sometimes.

2. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

It's so easy to change game assets..I'd just mod out the horse .gif if i had too. haha This would be an ironic post if chucklefish was trolling everyone.

The | Suit likes this.
  3. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

thats reallllly stretching it bud, i really dont think it fits the glitch at all, they dont even ride real horses, why would they make their ai humanish instead of a robot or something, there is a simple solution though, let the players pick the ai they get to use.

4. Luxy

Luxy Void-Bound Voyager

This is horrible, it's just plainly bad. I'm serious, like it's good work on the animating or whatever but it's just bad for the game, it's ruining the immersiveness and taking away from the original lore. It doesn't go with the game at all, and I'd hate to see this toony stuff in the official release whenever this potentially great game ever comes out.

Really.

5. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Chucklefish this is ruining my immersion in this space exploration game. Humanoid apes, plants, and fish are okay, but humanoid horses are a bridge TOO FAR.

Silican Beat, Luxy, Fluff and 8 others like this.
  6. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

What do you mean, it fits? What does a rapping, boobed, horse-lady have to do with a robotic race that thinks it's in medieval times?

TaoJaz and Skyblade799 like this.
  7. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

I already said why I think it fits, its in the post.

Runetora and Fluff like this.
  8. Jeoshua

No, you said earlier that it fits because it's a horse. That's fair enough, but why the rapping and why the boobs?

9. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Because dats what dem dar kids like dese days.

Theyre hip to the jive dadeo. Right? Right?!

Please, it swears! Im cool!

10. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm not a fan of the horse head AI, but some of you are acting like the other end of the horse.
    if nothing else people will come up with mods to swap the AIs., as to someone objecting to the text, it was an example to show how the horse, and i assume the other AIs seem to be actually talking to you.. I doubt it's going to be in the game, can any of you see am indie game co. spending the kind of money to license it for use in the game?"

Mackinz likes this.
  11. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm down for that reason. I liked the addition of the Horse AI.

Fluff likes this.
  12. Hachuurui

Hachuurui Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bubsy the Bobcat: More like a bridge too short...

Cardbo likes this.
  13. Jeoshua

\No, but I can see chucklefish angering a lot of people who have basically paid them money to be trolled by bad jokes, and losing money because they're actively trolling their fan base on an issue that many people have already explicitly stated either offends, upsets, or disturbs them.

14. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Well if they take it out they risk "angering" other people like me. I guess thats why developers can't base their decisions on community demands because they are pulled a million different directions.

Runetora, Silican Beat, Akado and 5 others like this.
  15. Aeolipyle

Aeolipyle Space Spelunker

It is not implying anything like that. It is a simple fact that if enough furries begin playing a game such that they become the majority of players, non-furries will likely not play what they perceive as a furry game. For some reason, you and other people seem to think I perceive everything as a "conspiracy". My main issue with the horse thing is that the majority of the people who appear to like it are not doing so based on a design perspective, if you know what I mean. It does not fit in with a robot race, no matter how you try to justify it.

They are not being pulled in a million directions, but in two. I share in the sentiment that it is beginning to seem like Chucklefish is just trolling us. This is very upsetting; at this point, I will probably never buy an early access game again. If anything, the only thing being pulled in a million directions is this game's art direction, or apparent lack there of. It seems like this game is not in fact a sci-fi game, but a platform for memes, jokes, and outdated pop culture references. If Chucklefish isn't going to take this game seriously, then who will?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  16. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Ummm, going to post here part of what I said in another thread, commenting on this furry thing. I paint & sculpt creatures with human bodies and animal heads but don't associate them with furries at all.

I find it interesting how many folks are put off by this, mostly because of the feminine aspect of it. Anthropomorphism goes back thousands and thousands of years back to cave folk and Greek gods and spiritual deities all over the world. It's pretty clear that the CF folks love it as much as some of us do. Hell, they're just boobs- more than half of the humans/mammals on this planet have them.

17. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well the AI being a horse may not be a joke but I'm 99.997% sure that it singing the fresh prince theme was both a test and a joke.

Runetora likes this.
  18. Aeolipyle

Aeolipyle Space Spelunker

You did not fix anything. My post was just fine the way it was; don't be so pretentious.

This is my main concern with it: it seems like a joke.

19. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

There's a level of anthropomorphism that's creepy, and this is very far from that level. It's just Horse-tana, and it's not Halo 4 Horse-tana

What's the problem with a joke? Why are you taking this personally? Pretty sure the joke is not aimed at anyone. It's just a joke.

Runetora likes this.
  20. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Humanoid apes? You mean humans? Humans are humanoid apes.

Anyway, it's not the boobed horse I hate (ok, I do think the boobed horse in general is stupid but whatever) so much as the fact that it loosely if at all connects to the Glitch.

hiul, TheRoachMan and Jeoshua like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.