18th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minecraftcake11

Minecraftcake11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe the horse AI definitely should be changed. I understand that glitches believe that the horse is their stead, essential meaning the ship is their "horse"; however, I don't think this should be a fully fleshed part of the story line and lore. I would rather have a king for the A.I. as it provides reference to the Central Hub that the Glitch are connected to, and your ship is literally a flying castle, not a horse.

TheRoachMan likes this.
  2. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Horse AI owns and it is now canon.

3. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Suggestion: Text scrolling seems ever so slightly fast. Not all of us are fast readers. :)

4. BrakSampson

BrakSampson Big Damn Hero

Kinda hoping this is placeholder text. Personally, I'm a little jaded by pop culture references in video games.

TheRoachMan and Jeoshua like this.
  5. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

OMG. . . i have to rewatch that all now.
    loving that update

6. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ok, you're just screwing with us now. What's the Glitch AI REALLY going to be?

Skyblade799 and Jeoshua like this.
  7. jjk9

jjk9 Void-Bound Voyager

I agree that the horse is pretty creepy. Also is their only 2 frames to the talking animation? Maybe you could add an inbetween frame, plus an alternate open mouth frame to mix up the talking animation a bit. Also she needs to blink as well. Still it looks pretty good, reminds me of several old games with talking heads.

8. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A horse. :D

9. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

10. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

This....... This is just all kinds of awesome.

11. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

haha I found it funny to see all the hate for the horse avatar and what do you do? Show a gif where their concerns are duly noted. :rofl: (I don't care if a it's a joke/screwing with people or legit, I like it either way)

12. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

hiul, Silican Beat and Lecic like this.
  13. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

yea i agree, is this seriously a thing, are you serious, really, are you serious, this is ridiculous, for gods sake I don't even want to play the game if i am forced to have a horse ai if i play as the glitch, like.... glitch is my second fav race so i will be playing as them but this is just silly and entirely immersion breaking, its not just a clever reference that can be ignored or doesn't break the immersion really, its just like... are you serious with this chucklefish? please confirm that we can change ai's atleast for gods sake

14. beari78

beari78 Guest

Talking Horses and Bel Air. :rofl:

15. Aeolipyle

Aeolipyle Space Spelunker

I concur. While it is funny to include some jokes and references in games, Starbound seems to have way too many, especially when some of them are part of the core game. It just makes the whole game seem like a joke.

16. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

A busty horse is the best kind of horse, of course! But the face is too silly ;(

17. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

chucklefish pls

18. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

hiul, Minecraftcake11 and Owl_Stalker like this.
  19. TaoJaz

TaoJaz Void-Bound Voyager

Are you serious? You're keeping the horse AI? This is bs.

20. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

I AM SO swapping back to Glitch if that's the AI for that race...:lickitung:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.