18th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 19, 2013.

1. -Winter-

-Winter- Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ohhh pretty lights! :)

2. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

It would be more of a line of sight system then, and I can't see how that would work in a 2D platform. I don't think it's supposed to be super realistic either since it's based on the original 16 bit style. So yeah I think you'll be able to see the glow of objects and lava in separate tunnels whether you can see them from your character's point of view or not.

3. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

god dammit i want one of those keys! when i saw the new post there wasnt even a comment yet ~~ is it possible for some people to grab the keys before u even post it or what -.-

Covert0ddity likes this.
  4. Zichqec

Zichqec Void-Bound Voyager

From the FAQ page:

"What are the system requirements?

The game is still in development at the moment, so the specs are subject to change. But we’ve had good success running it on very old hardware so far!"

So, hopefully, yes. :)

Covert0ddity likes this.
  5. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Title Not Found

Still dreaming.. It is release every night in my head :D

Covert0ddity, Orionolle and aljam like this.
  6. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would love to see a.. well some kind of "hard mode" in starbound, where you are only able to see enemies, lights and other stuff if your charakter does look in the right direction. like in "Mark of the Ninja", you know? this would be a great feature for players searching for a chalenge or for PvP fights because you could hide behind walls or in caves without being seen as soon as your char would appear on the other dude's screen.

7. Kayzor

Kayzor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mippy's idea sounds pretty cool for a PvP fight indeed, I get thoughts about arenas with traps and hiding spots now... Perhaps if the Dev team has enough time after the important stuff is done they can work on things like that?

Mippy and aljam like this.
  8. aljam

aljam Cosmic Narwhal

I hate having lucid dreams where Starbound and I am playing it because then I wake up, rush to the computer, and notice beta isn't out yet. I hate those dreams :cry:

9. dante2070

dante2070 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awesome lighting effects you guys & girls are doing awesomely with this keep it up, and for every like this gets the devs will get a :cookie:

10. bumgada

bumgada Star Wrangler

Before, when I would watch the twitch streams, for some reason that glitch with the weapons off-centered bugged me. o_O

11. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

I said this exact same thing last time they released keys. This isn't the right way to do it because it's always one person who snags them all. Props for the devs being generous but this is like tossing money to a drunken hobo laying on a cardboard box right next to a liquor store.

12. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

The way the effects overlap, or don't, feels kind of weird--like above the lava, where the red glow has been completely overridden by the flashlight's white glare. But that could be my imagination. It looks nice nonetheless and I'm sure it will be even better in motion. So, yay! Good job Chucklefish.

Double yay for fixing the perpetual sword icon bug. OCD people everywhere are thankful.

Triple yay for having lots of stuff to do with ore, including cosmetic furnishing things.

Yay finisher combo for DirectX support continuing to push optimization. That's still the most important thing from a technical standpoint, and as someone having used older hardware for the past several years, I'm very glad to hear you're considering those demographics...unlike some developers. *glare*

Zichqec and Crazyfoolgaf like this.
  13. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

so there will be water & lava..
    but what other liquids will there be?

Covert0ddity likes this.
  14. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

yes on the FAQ they say they are running it on pretty old software or whatever right now

word of advice read the FAQ before asking questions a FAQ is there to answer questions http://playstarbound.com/faq/ thats the FAQ page

Covert0ddity likes this.
  15. AdenSword

i had a dream like that i was playing starbound with a random guy but for some reason most of the game looked like terraria and i had a hamdrax and other weird stuff like that that normally is in a dream

Covert0ddity likes this.
  16. AdenSword

well they do work on minor things on sundays

Covert0ddity likes this.
  17. aljam

aljam Cosmic Narwhal

Were you playing with me? :chrono:

Covert0ddity likes this.
  18. LastHazzerd

LastHazzerd Title Not Found

Yay! the game is gonna look so pretty whilst one BURNS IN THE FIERY PITS OF LAVA.... *Ahem* ( u 3 u)
    ( o u o) by the time a beta is out, bug hunters will prolly have to look fairly hard for any problems.

1stxknight likes this.
  19. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

That's like me waiting 25 hours a day for the daily update and hopeing they hint the release date lol....it's like torture

AdenSword and aljam like this.
  20. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

That hotbar is very, very smexy..

Covert0ddity and Quantum like this.