Dev Blog 18th February - Rebel Rebel

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 18, 2016.

1. 43DarkNero

43DarkNero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

still waiting for update ;u;

2. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Rebels......

Heh, long ago used to have a thought with this pertaining to the armor progression system for the apex, like right after tier 3 the armor progression branches off between "loyalist" route or "rebels" route in terms of armor appearence and stats

Like the loyalist tree would consist of all the sinister and faceless armor and their stats give higher bonuses to damage and armor

The rebel tree consists of the hoods and face mask armors and their stats give higher bonuses to speed/jump height and Energy

Problem is i dont know if other races have split ideology for it to work for everyone...

Maybe novakid like the outlaw route vs. The lawman route

Or hylotl with a "traditional" route vs. "cyberpunk" route.....i guess something like that

The Squid and Ferretic like this.
  3. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

We often don't see all the respective sides of the various cultures. (Copy pasted dungeons excluded.)

We never see villages of civilized, or at least otherwise not-tribal florans

We don't see human villages that aren't composed of hostile militants

We don't see villages of Kluex-followers

We don't see many hive-minded glitch (I assume? It is unclear to me if the villagers are controlled by the hivemind or aren't.)

It would be really nice to be able to interact on some basis with all of these without impending death.

and We really don't have anything on the Novakids. In fact, everything with the novakids really feels bare and inconsistent. They have no serious lore, no established culture other than "Wild West." We don't even know what technologies and life forms they are used to. Their S.A.I.L is a real mess, while all the other cultures have Ship A.i.'s based on their cultures, the Novakids have a freaking horse. Which by all accounts lived on earth. Maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but the Novakids are a real mess.

4. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I think that novakid are nomads.

5. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Novakids are nomads because they have chronic ADHD.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  6. SssiltSsstrider

SssiltSsstrider Title Not Found

nations rise and fall like the tides, Today's Freedom fighters are tomorrows Tyrants- What will happen to the mini-knog and their families when the rebels make their moves? the innocent apex families brought into the conflict? Who are the Rebels fighting for, when their fighting will bring innocents into the conflict? Keep the peace, MiniKnog!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The revolution will not be civilized. heroes and villians will be on both sides.
    given the choice, I think Big Ape is not the sort of thing I could back, though what the rebels would replace it with is the true problem. if there one thing this age has truly tarnished, it is the image of the valiant revolutionary, the freedom fighter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  8. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

The Miniknog must fall. Long live the revolution.

Leif not normally eat talking things. But mussst sssay, Big Ape man look tasssty.

9. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

ive seen a novakid out in the wild it was on a tropical planet tho the novakid was not wearing any clothes and all it said was ...

10. emeraldgreen72

and also if i knew this post was coming i would have done what i did on the last post but here. welp guess ill have to do it again since this is the perfect place for it

and now an encore of the rebellions theme song

General Nuclear likes this.
  11. KrisSnow

KrisSnow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Been looking at http://starbound.gamepedia.com/ which apparently is a horribly outdated wiki site compared to the one you cited. It says "Latest version is v. Upbeat Giraffe, released on January 28th, 2015."

12. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

That's because the Gampedia and Wikia "wikis" for Starbound are unofficial and unused, but have not been deleted due to the stupid policies of the companies that own them. Starbounder is the official wiki for Starbound, and is routinely updated. Please do not use either of the unofficial "wikis" for Starbound.

13. Electromancer493

Electromancer493 Orbital Explorer

I would side with whichever side provides me with the most advanced technology at a frequent rate for scientific work (I am not going out there to get riddled with bullets... Unless I have impervium armor). Given the fact that the rebels are rebels, the one who will be fitting the bill the most would be the miniknog. I am sorry Apex, but the technology I could get a hold of...

14. emeraldgreen72

whats the fun in that having the top tech means that your always stronger then your foes and you will never be equal to them unless they have the same tech as you. it makes life boring cause you will always be on top and there will be almost no one to challenge you. you wanna take the easy route then go ahead but im beating my foes based on being more skilled then them not cause i had better tech :nurucool:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  15. huntty123

huntty123 Void-Bound Voyager

someone should make a way to give ideas of new missions, biomes, races, etc. for people that don't know how to mod and don't want someone else to make it for them

BOB GO GET TO WORK ON IT IM NOT PAYING YOU FOR NOTHING!!!

16. ThePkmnPlanet

ThePkmnPlanet Space Spelunker

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
    R.I.P. David Bowie :cry:

17. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

REBEL! because in starwar the rebel always win.

18. mitzSBnovakid

mitzSBnovakid Title Not Found

i want to recreate star wars by joining the rebellion and cheating *ahem* being my usual overpowered self to stop the empire once and fur all.

19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I've always been rebel, but now that this topic has been brought up, my motives are suddenly shifting. Sure, the Miniknog must fall eventually. But not right now, while the rebellion is so young. Right now, they're weak and would be easily crushed. But give it, say 20 years, and you'd have a pretty promising revolution. Until then, I'm gonna stay right at home with the Miniknog.

20. Lord Pudim

Lord Pudim Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will you guys put the old temperature system or something similar?